Where Can I Continue My Science Education Online?

• Thread starter SaltMiner
  • Start date
In summary, there are many online resources available for continuing one's science education. These include online courses, virtual labs, and educational websites. Some universities and organizations also offer online degree programs or certificates in various scientific fields. Additionally, there are numerous online communities and forums where individuals can connect with other science enthusiasts and educators. With the convenience and flexibility of online learning, one can easily continue their science education from the comfort of their own home.
SaltMiner
How did you find PF?
I literally just searched 'physics forum' on Google.
Hi everyone.

I finished a basic science degree at university a few years ago and I haven't done anything with it yet but I still really enjoy science and learning.

I thought I did pretty good at uni but after looking into it more it seems pretty daunting how much stuff there is to learn in anyone subject (there's a 3rd calculus!?) and a lot of stuff I read on forums and the such goes over my head, but I'm still willing to keep on learning.

I guess the reason why it goes over my head is because my degree was based mostly on the biology side of things (cell biology, microbiology, etc.) and I only learned Calculus I, Introduction to chemistry, and Introduction to physics (which was an elective) as part of the more core fields of study. Although I really enjoyed all of it, no matter the subject.

I've been doing Khan Academy maths modules to help brush up on my maths. I read in my physics textbook at university that 'maths is the language of science' and that always stuck with me. It really is an enjoyable experience. I also just finished going over my old physics notes again and that, too, was an experience. It's all very different when you can go about it at your own pace instead of having to always meet impending deadlines.

Anyway, I hope that as time goes up I'll be able to understand the more advanced stuff.

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes SaltMiner