Where can I find international distance mathematics courses for 11th grade?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 2sin54
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
2sin54
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
I am in 11th grade right now (two years left in school) and I want to ask you, if there are any international courses on Mathematics which are being taught in distance.
Or maybe they send theory + exercises and problems, and students need to solve those till a specified date (this would be even better)? Thank you for your time.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of mathematics?
 
Perhaps Stanford's http://epgy.stanford.edu/courses/math/"?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Any kind, just not too high for an 11th grader.

yenchin, thanks, I will check that out.
 
You might consider using Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org). They have videos and exercise problems on the site.

Also, "any kind" is way too vague. I've seen 11th graders take any math from Algebra 2 to AP Calc BC. Khan Academy has exercises up to about calc 1 at the moment, but they have videos through multivariable calc, linear algebra, and differential equations.
 
Many universities offer distance courses, some of them at high-school level. In Canada the best well-known is Athabasca (in Alberta), but TRU (in BC) also has some.

http://www2.athabascau.ca/course/ug_subject/im.php

Many will offer reduced rates for students in their own Province. I believe the situation is similar in the US.