Where can I publish and present my own theory to scientists?

• Thread starter Unbekannt
  • Start date
In summary, there are several options for publishing and presenting your own theory to scientists. These include academic journals, conferences, and online platforms. Each option has its own submission process and criteria for acceptance, but they all provide opportunities for sharing your ideas with the scientific community and receiving feedback and recognition for your work. It is important to carefully research and consider the most suitable outlet for your theory in order to maximize its impact and reach.
Unbekannt
How did you find PF?
Internet
Hello all together. I am german. And write my texts with a translation program.

I am very interested in science. For physics. I would have here a question to you all. I have created my own theory. As a video on YouTube. Do you have an idea where I could publish and present my theory? I want to present my theory to scientists. However, I have no idea how to reach the science.

It is a theory of my own and I don't want to broadcast it here. It contains not only physics, but also general things. I am aware that my theory will most likely be rejected like any new theory. Whether my theory will be accepted sometime I do not know. Therefore I ask here how I can reach the scientists.

My theory is very extensive. And one must listen really very long. Can you help me please? I have made it especially in English and German. I apologize for my English. If there are any mistakes in there.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, that is exactly the reason why I ask where I can publish it. That is why I am looking for scientists. However, I don't know where to find them. I mean outside the forum

This sub-forum is for introductions only. As per The Hon Reverend Dr @Evo's thread https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/please-read-no-questions-in-new-member-introductions.776481/, no questions should be posed here. Maybe start a thread in General Discussion about how to go about getting your theory looked at by others outside of PF. However, I can't guarantee that it won't be locked.

Welcome to PF. :smile:

Unbekannt said:
I want to present my theory to scientists. However, I have no idea how to reach the science.
As you know, PF is not the place for it. Please have a look at this Insights article to get some perspective:

https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/wont-look-new-theory/

Beyond that, you should be sure to read the current literature related to your ideas. You need to understand current research status in your areas of interest to start to get some calibration on your ideas.

Hope that helps. Feel free to send me a Private Message (PM -- click my avatar and "Start a conversation") if you have more questions.

I don't want it to be locked. It's not just about physics. Besides, it's a different physics. Antimatter, for example, is a different matter there.

So please take the advice I offered in my post above, and PM me if you have more questions. This introduction thread is now done.

Last edited:
berkeman said:
Feel free to send me a Private Message (PM -- click my avatar and "Start a conversation") if you have more questions.
Update -- Whelp, we did have a brief PM conversation and I said it would be okay for him to send me his paper in case I could offer any suggestions for him going forward. Um, let's just say that the parts about Superman and Superpowers were kind of red flags that PF was not the right place for this person. Sigh.

• Haha
Likes david2 and Evo

1. Where can I find reputable journals to publish my theory?

There are several ways to find reputable journals to publish your theory. One way is to search online databases such as Web of Science or Scopus, which provide a list of scientific journals in various fields. You can also ask your colleagues or mentor for recommendations or browse through the reference lists of articles related to your theory to see which journals they were published in.

2. How do I know if a journal is a good fit for my theory?

It is important to carefully review the scope and aims of a journal before submitting your theory. Make sure that the journal covers topics related to your theory and that it is not too broad or too specific for your research. You can also look at the types of articles published in the journal to see if they align with your research.

3. Can I submit my theory to multiple journals at the same time?

No, it is not recommended to submit your theory to multiple journals at the same time. This is considered unethical and can result in your theory being rejected by all journals. It is best to carefully select one journal that is the most suitable for your theory and submit it there first.

4. How do I present my theory at a conference?

To present your theory at a conference, you can submit an abstract or a proposal to the conference organizers. If accepted, you will be given a specific time slot to present your theory, usually through a presentation or poster session. It is important to follow the guidelines and instructions provided by the conference organizers for the submission and presentation of your theory.

5. How long does it take for a journal to review and publish my theory?

The time it takes for a journal to review and publish your theory can vary greatly. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for the initial review process. If your theory is accepted, it may take additional time for revisions and final publication. It is important to be patient and communicate with the journal if you have any questions or concerns about the timeline.