Where to Find Quality Open Source Learning Resources for French and Russian?

  • Topic: Lingusitics 
  • Thread starter Thread starter issacnewton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Language Resources
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
issacnewton
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
37
Hi

I am thinking of learning french and/or russian. In the days of open source software, I am sure
people have created great resources for this purpose. I am looking for such learning material.
May be videos and stuff. Should have clear information on pronunciations. There is a lot
of information pollution on the net. So its difficult to decide which is good.

Can any native speakers of these languages guide me to the intelligent resources.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I found this Annenberg Foundation site after seeing their advert on our local public broadcasting station for the n'th time. You will have to allow pop-ups to view their videos.

http://www.learner.org/index.html#"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the links. will definitely check them.
 
FSI = Foreign Service Institute. Used to teach State Dept. and other Government employees before/during overseas assignments. Now I believe they use Rosetta Stone. Not 100% sure on that though because I've been a civilian so long.
 
Why not learn Norwegian instead?
It's a beautiful language (the best there is, actually)!

As for learning it, just move here, and you'll learn it soon enough.

Welcome!
:smile:
 
You can check out this http://www.english-spanish-translations.com/translation-directory/Dictionaries/Dictionaries.htm" category, most are paid stuff, but you never know.
 
Last edited by a moderator: