Where to find smartest group of people?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KatrinaKaif
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Group
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 3K views
KatrinaKaif
I am not talking about bookworms smartass who just memorize and repeat facts we all know, neither am I talking about "Know it All" who just create a mockery of you for asking a question seem commonly in answers.yahoo.com

I am talking about decent human beings who are simply interested in finding the truth, not trying to prove who is right or wrong, like the ones here. But, what other such forums exist on net, in reality, I have found Chess club to be such an aid, but what else?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I found tons of brilliant scientists on online dating sites. Some were world famous. Brilliant scientists are people too.
 
Evo said:
I found tons of brilliant scientists on online dating sites. Some were world famous. Brilliant scientists are people too.

Did you date any of them Evo? :wink:
 
radou said:
Did you date any of them Evo? :wink:
Sure did.
 
KatrinaKaif said:
I am not talking about bookworms smartass who just memorize and repeat facts we all know, neither am I talking about "Know it All" who just create a mockery of you for asking a question seem commonly in answers.yahoo.com

I am talking about decent human beings who are simply interested in finding the truth, not trying to prove who is right or wrong, like the ones here. But, what other such forums exist on net, in reality, I have found Chess club to be such an aid, but what else?

Thanks.

This forum is among the best I have seen as to substantial factual debate. There will always be a percentage that has more passion than sense but it becomes quickly evident who these individuals are. I spend time at the Mensa Forums and find the level of discourse similar to here. Those discussions also include the full spectrum of viewpoints including both extremes, with a comparable mix of trolls, lightweights, thoughtful, or insightful contributors.
 
Hmm... I'm either not brilliant, not a scientist, or possibly neither.
 
Evo said:
I found tons of brilliant scientists on online dating sites. Some were world famous. Brilliant scientists are people too.

Did you happen to see Lisa Randall on any of them?
 
Topher925 said:
Did you happen to see Lisa Randall on any of them?

What are you trying to say about Evo? :wink:
 
Evo said:
Brilliant scientists are people too.

That's debatable.
 
jarednjames said:
What are you trying to say about Evo? :wink:

I'm not trying to say anything about Evo, I'm trying to say something about Lisa Randall!