Where to teach auto trades online?

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi,
I just got hired as a tire technician at a place. My main tasks would be to mount tires. I think that this job is more of a career than being a dishwasher at a weird restaurant which is part time at best. I feel that at this job an appropriate side hustle would be to teach this trade online. I'm just wondering what platforms that I can teach this skilled trade online for time up front for passive income.

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
How will you handle the hands-on labs portion of this class?

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
All I can think of is looking into sites, from universities, that teach online classes in Physics, which must require some amount of lab work. Maybe also filming instructional videos?

symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
I absolutely agree with the meaning of berkeman's question. ESPECIALLY for any kind of manual or mechanical skills.

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
I'm just wondering what platforms that I can teach this skilled trade online for time up front for passive income.
You can use YouTube; put out some videos for free and add links to the rest of the paid videos. But when you do this, you will have to make sure that people are willing to pay for your videos. Quality is very important here.

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
So your plan is to teach others moments after you learned it yourself?
This seems dubious.