Where to teach auto trades online?

• Thread starter LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Auto
In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's new job as a tire technician and their idea to teach the trade online for passive income. They discuss potential platforms for teaching and consider the challenge of hands-on labs. The importance of quality in instructional videos is also mentioned. There is some skepticism about the speaker's plan to teach immediately after learning the trade themselves.
LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
Hi,
I just got hired as a tire technician at a place. My main tasks would be to mount tires. I think that this job is more of a career than being a dishwasher at a weird restaurant which is part time at best. I feel that at this job an appropriate side hustle would be to teach this trade online. I'm just wondering what platforms that I can teach this skilled trade online for time up front for passive income.

Science news on Phys.org
How will you handle the hands-on labs portion of this class?

• Informative
Likes symbolipoint, WWGD and phinds
berkeman said:
All I can think of is looking into sites, from universities, that teach online classes in Physics, which must require some amount of lab work. Maybe also filming instructional videos?

berkeman said:
I absolutely agree with the meaning of berkeman's question. ESPECIALLY for any kind of manual or mechanical skills.

Likes berkeman
LinuxMicrosoftMCSA said:
I'm just wondering what platforms that I can teach this skilled trade online for time up front for passive income.
You can use YouTube; put out some videos for free and add links to the rest of the paid videos. But when you do this, you will have to make sure that people are willing to pay for your videos. Quality is very important here.

So your plan is to teach others moments after you learned it yourself?
This seems dubious.

Likes Wrichik Basu

1. What qualifications do I need to teach auto trades online?

To teach auto trades online, you typically need a combination of education and experience in the field of automotive technology. This may include a degree or certification in automotive technology, as well as several years of experience working in the industry.

2. Are there any specific online platforms or websites that offer auto trade teaching opportunities?

There are several online platforms and websites that offer opportunities to teach auto trades, such as Udemy, Skillshare, and Teachable. These platforms allow you to create and sell your own courses on a variety of topics, including auto trades.

3. Is it necessary to have prior teaching experience to teach auto trades online?

While having prior teaching experience can be beneficial, it is not always necessary to teach auto trades online. As long as you have the knowledge and skills in the subject matter, and can effectively communicate and engage with your students, you can be a successful online auto trades teacher.

4. How can I make sure my online auto trades course is engaging and effective for students?

To make sure your online auto trades course is engaging and effective for students, you should include a variety of multimedia elements such as videos, images, and interactive activities. It is also important to provide clear and concise instructions and communicate with your students regularly to keep them motivated and on track.

5. Are there any specific technology or equipment requirements for teaching auto trades online?

The specific technology and equipment requirements for teaching auto trades online may vary depending on the platform or website you are using. However, in general, you will need a reliable computer, internet connection, and possibly a webcam and microphone for live sessions. It may also be helpful to have access to automotive software and tools for demonstrations and simulations.