Which Engineering Major Is Best for a Career in Thermal Energy?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
wiggly
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,
My apologies for making my first post a question but I was wondering if anyone could suggest an engineering degree which would be most suitable for a career with energy, specifically thermal energy and external combustion systems. I was technically a junior and had to take an session off because I did not declare my major.
Apart from the typical 2-3 discipline specific engineering courses, I have completed all math, chemistry, physics, and computer science courses required for every engineering program offered at my school (University of Washington - Seattle). Specifically, I've been leaning towards electrical or chemical engineering and am open to minor suggestions. I look forward to your opinions and thank you in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Mechanical seems like the best-fit major for your interests.