Which Photo Best Captures the Essence of Numerology?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Numerology

  • Mororvia

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • larkspur

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moonbear

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JasonRox

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • ZapperZ

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Borek

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • edward

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • hypatia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mbrmbrg

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • matthyaouw

    Votes: 8 29.6%

  • Total voters
    27
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme - Numbers.

1. Mororvia
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/1756/265tz8.jpg

2. larkspur
2818997342_4d8215797f_o.jpg


3. Moonbear
eastcoastmemorial.jpg


4. JasonRox
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3991/img0234vy6.jpg

5. ZapperZ
IMG_2719.jpg


6. Borek
numerki.jpg


7. edward
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4514/1000628jpgmeterjm7.jpg

8. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/school.jpg

9. mbrmbrg
2008-06-13011-1.jpg


10. matthyaouw
biked.jpg


https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=252643".
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't see mbrmbrg's entry in the original thread. :smile: Just love his expression while concentrating on taking the photo.

This is a tough one, with such diversity of entries. But, I think I'm going with Borek. I think he's fully captured the theme best.
 
I love Borek's picture: what the heck is that book :-p
 
cristo said:
I love Borek's picture: what the heck is that book :-p

Math handbook, these particular pages are tables of ex, e-x, sinh(x), cosh(x), tgh(x), sin(x), cos(x) & tg(x). Back in 70-ies and 80-ies we used these a lot, even if those on the western side of iron courtain already started to use calculators.
 
Yeah, Borek, I really like how your photo covers half a decade of obsession with numbers :)

And thanks, Moonbear!
 
I really like the stylised look of matthyaouw's image. And yes, mbrmbrg's expression is priceless.
 
Had to go with Borek. Nice, especially on this forum :cool: . But mbrmbrg's concentration is great - love that tongue!
 
Evo said:
I thought mbrmbrg was female?

Oooh, somebody remembered!
Guess this is not exactly the ideal dating picture, eh? :-p