Which Photo Best Captures the Essence of Red?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Seeing Red

  • edward

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • larkspur

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Marzena

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • matthyaouw

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Andre

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chi Meson

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • robertm

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Evo

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Janus

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • ZapperZ

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neutrino

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • hypatia

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Redbelly98

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Integral

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Jones

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Borek

    Votes: 2 8.7%

  • Total voters
    23
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 4K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
We have a lot of entries this week, and they are all terrific. So this is going to be another difficult one to vote on.

Please vote for the best picture that represents our theme. Members were asked to submit a photo in which the color red is the main subject of the photo. You should judge if (i) the color being presented is truly red and (ii) that the red object is the main subject of the photo.

1. edward
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/3331/1000703jpgmodelzr0.jpg

2. larkspur
2895573855_4cb3daf7fc_o.jpg


3. Marzena
red_marzena.jpg


4. matthyaouw
seeinginfrared.jpg


5. Andre
bm5.JPG


6. Chi Meson
illness.jpg


7. robertm
DSC021471.jpg


8. Evo
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3802/perfectredtomatoesyn8hx9.jpg

9. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~jparvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/image1.jpg

10. ZapperZ
IMG_0903-1.jpg


11. neutrino
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/3636/img4513ea5.jpg

12. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/jelly.jpg

13. Redbelly98
PinkFlower5035_640x480.jpg


14. Integral
red_hibiscus.jpg


15. George Jones
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5238/redsv3.jpg

16. Borek
red_marcin2.jpg


https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=259655"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This was a touch choice. For me it came down to edward, hypatia, and neutrino, with several others close behind. Edward got my vote, but it was pretty much a toss up.
 
So far looks like almost everyone just voted on his own picture :smile:
 
I can't decide. I have several "favorites".
 
Doesn't look like there will be any clear winners so far. :eek:
 
I think when you have that many entries in a single contest, the votes are spread too thin.
 
I just love hypatia's crime scene presentation:!) I still laugh every time I look at it because we have a lot of those when my grandchildren are here.

Lots of great pics as usuall but I still voted for my own pic though. :devil:
 
Last edited:
Borek said:
So far looks like almost everyone just voted on his own picture :smile:

At least I had the dignity of creating a sock puppet to vote for me!





Edit:

MY PUPPET VOTED FOR GEORGE!
 
I cannot believe that Zz and integral have zero votes, I figured that either one of them would have walked away with this.

I have not voted yet, of course I could abuse my mentor powers and vote for several pictures. :devil:
 
Evo said:
I have not voted yet, of course I could abuse my mentor powers and vote for several pictures. :devil:

You can cast multiple votes? Um, here, have some chocolate ... :biggrin:
 
Redbelly98 said:
You can cast multiple votes? Um, here, have some chocolate ... :biggrin:
Yes, I can change the votes.

Oooh, look Redbelley has 50 votes!

<chomp snorf, mmmmm, good chocolate>