Which QFT Lecture Series Includes Unitary IR of Poincare Group?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Dyatlov
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
Hello.
I self-studied and have a good grasp on QM, statistical mechanics and Group theory.
Next step is QFT.
There are several sets of video lectures on Youtube about this subject and I am asking for a recommendation (I would like a set of videos which involves the unitary IR of the Poincare group).
Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It must be David Tong's lecture ,obviously.He is a professor in Combridge,and a nice guy.He put many of his lecture notes online in his website,very helpful.
 
Dyatlov said:
(I would like a set of videos which involves the unitary IR of the Poincare group).

Matt Smith said:
It must be David Tong's lecture ,obviously.He is a professor in Combridge,and a nice guy.He put many of his lecture notes online in his website,very helpful.

Tong's lectures are nice, but I don't think that Tong treats the unitary infinite-dimensional irreducible representations of the Poincare group.

I am a book person, so the references that cover this of which I know are books, e.g.,:

"Relativity, Groups, Particles" by Sexl and Urbantke;
"A Modern Introduction to Field Theory" by Maggiore;
"The Quantum Theory of Fields Volume I" by Weinberg;
"The Conceptual Framework of Quantum Field Theory" by Duncan.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Dyatlov