Which school has a better pedigree for material science: UCLA or UMich?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alex caps
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Opinions
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
alex caps
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
I am a high school senior and I am going to be majoring in material science at either UCLA or UMich. I was wondering, which school has a better reputation in terms of pedigree? I am choosing my school largely in part to the research that I will embark in; I know professors in my field of interest at both schools who have already offered me lab positions and I am certain that I will publish atleast a couple papers if I go to either school, but I am having a hard time deciding which one to go to.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
yes, I have been to both and I like both for different reasons. I am trying to figure out if one will pull more weight in terms of its reputation and name..