Which Science Field to Choose for Research: Photonics or Large Hadrons?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aosfet
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Photonics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
aosfet
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
My decision is final - I'm going to study physics in a year. I have my focus on two different universities in different cities (in Germany).
One university has strong ties to photonics/FEL research facilities, the other has ties to large hadron/heavy ions research institutes. Both fields are really interesting, but it can't decide what field has more potentials in research work.

What do you think of these science fields and what do you expect from research? What would you rather pick?

(you don't have to make the decision instead of me, I just need some other perspectives on that - multithreaded thinking ftw)
(mistyping 'large hadrons' is funny)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd encourage you to go into photonics -- there's interesting physics there and plenty practical, socially beneficial applications!