Which science magazine would you recommend?

• Thread starter qoj
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, the individual is interested in subscribing to one or two science magazines, preferably with a more generalized focus. They have a lot of experience with science, particularly in research, and prefer actual papers over popularized articles. They are interested in nanoscience and are recommended Nature Nanotechnology or Scientific American for popular articles. They have also found interesting science research in the Wall Street Journal, but are hesitant to subscribe due to the paywall. They provide some sources for science news and articles, including EurekAlert, Physics World, and Science Daily.
qoj
Hello, I'm interested in subscribing to one or two magazines(sciences related).
So which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of science interests you??

What experience do you have with science??

You want popularized science or the actual papers??

micromass said:
What kind of science interests you??

What experience do you have with science??

You want popularized science or the actual papers??

What kind of science interests you?? (Nanoscience, but I would like a more generalized magazine.)

What experience do you have with science??( A lot, if you consider research. )

You want popularized science or the actual papers?( I am fond of these common novel ideas, but I would prefer actual papers.)

Sorry for perhaps repeating the question but do you want a magazine or a journal? If you are interested in nanotechnology I would recommend nature nanotechnology.

Science, a nice combination of news and views and actual publications. Or Scientific American for popular articles? Just look at the websites and see what interests you most, from there you can move to more specific journals.

I have found and read some decent science research in the Wall Street Journal . I was kind of blown away by it too. I was going to post on a couple of the articles. To my dismay, the body of them are hidden behind a pay wall, so I couldn't share my discussions of them if I wanted to. However, if I continue to find well researched source of interesting topics. I may break down and subscribe for three months to see if I find them worthy of the expense. Here is an good example.

Rhody...

1. What is the best science magazine to read?

The answer to this question depends on personal preferences and interests. Some popular science magazines include National Geographic, Scientific American, and Discover. It is recommended to browse through different magazines and see which one covers topics that interest you the most.

2. Are there any science magazines specifically for a certain field of science?

Yes, there are many science magazines that focus on a specific field such as biology, physics, chemistry, or astronomy. Some examples include Nature for biology and Physics Today for physics. It is recommended to do some research on magazines that cater to your specific interests.

3. Is there a science magazine for beginners?

Yes, there are science magazines that are geared towards beginners or those with a general interest in science. Some examples include Popular Science and Science Illustrated. These magazines often have articles that are easy to understand and cover a wide range of topics.

4. Are there any free science magazines available?

There are some science magazines that offer free online versions or have a limited number of free articles available. Some examples include Science News and Smithsonian Magazine. However, most science magazines require a subscription for full access to their content.

5. Can I find science magazines in languages other than English?

Yes, there are science magazines available in languages other than English. For example, Sciences et Avenir is a popular French science magazine and Wissenschaft aktuell is a German science magazine. It is recommended to search for science magazines in your preferred language to find one that fits your interests.