Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which science magazine would you recommend?

1. Dec 21, 2011 #1

qoj

Hello, I'm interested in subscribing to one or two magazines(sciences related).
    So which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2011 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

What kind of science interests you??

What experience do you have with science??

You want popularized science or the actual papers??

4. Dec 21, 2011 #3

qoj

What kind of science interests you?? (Nanoscience, but I would like a more generalized magazine.)

What experience do you have with science??( A lot, if you consider research. )

You want popularized science or the actual papers?( I am fond of these common novel ideas, but I would prefer actual papers.)

5. Dec 22, 2011 #4

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Sorry for perhaps repeating the question but do you want a magazine or a journal? If you are interested in nanotechnology I would recommend nature nanotechnology.

6. Dec 22, 2011 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Science, a nice combination of news and views and actual publications. Or Scientific American for popular articles? Just look at the websites and see what interests you most, from there you can move to more specific journals.

7. Dec 22, 2011 #6

rhody

Gold Member

I have found and read some decent science research in the Wall Street Journal :surprised. I was kind of blown away by it too. I was going to post on a couple of the articles. To my dismay, the body of them are hidden behind a pay wall, so I couldn't share my discussions of them if I wanted to. However, if I continue to find well researched source of interesting topics. I may break down and subscribe for three months to see if I find them worthy of the expense. Here is an good example.

Rhody...

8. Dec 23, 2011 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook