Which Star Trek Captains Faced Personal Toll for Their Iconic Roles?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Star Star trek
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
The Captains is a feature length documentary film written and directed by William Shatner. The film follows Shatner as he interviews the other actors whom have portrayed Starship captains within the illustrious science-fiction franchise...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1946421/

I almost had to force myself to watch this, but out of curiosity I did and was quite surprised. It drags at times but was often interesting. What I found to be most interesting was the central theme of the huge personal toll these rolls took on their lives.

I already knew this but Shatner references it in the film. After the original series, little did my friends and I know, he was broke and living in a trailer in the San Fernando valley; just about 40 minutes away.

Kate Mulgrew said that to this day, her kids never have and will not watch Voyager. They still resent that it took so much of her time.

Avery Brooks is one strange dude.

It is available for streaming, at Netflix.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Voyager was like the best one too I feel sorry for Kate now she will never know how the voyage gets home!
 
Why wouldn't Kate know? Aside from here being there for filming, it's her kids who've never watched it.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Avery Brooks is one strange dude.

Man, is he ever but I love him.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AECEnj6r6k8

I saw The Captains a few months ago and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk-Iruh7x1M