Which UC School to TAG: Davis, San Diego, or Santa Barbara?

  • Thread starter Thread starter member 392791
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    rank School
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
member 392791
I am at community college right now doing my TAG (transfer admission guarantee) to a UC school. The problem is you only get 1 school to TAG to. I have been thinking about UC Davis, mostly because I've lived in southern california all my life and wanted a change of scenery.

The other schools I am considering are UCSD and UCSB. It looks like santa barbara has the best chemical engineering program, but it's the beach scene that I've seen all my life and I'm over it. Same thing sort of with UCSD being in so cal.

Any opinions on this?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
First, I'd say go to the best school that you can get into. For four years, deal with the scenery.

Second, I'll agree, Davis looks a *lot* different than San Diego or Santa Barbara. You certainly won't have to worry about the beach there!