Which Windows 7 software is best for creating 3D machine designs?

• Thread starter Jarfi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary, the conversation is about using software for creating 3D designs, specifically mentioning the free software Sketchup and its usefulness for woodworking and other design projects. A link to a tutorial for learning Sketchup is also provided. One person mentions using an illegal version of Solidworks instead.
Jarfi
I have made a sketch on paper of my machine, but I want to draw it specifically in 3d, with places for wires to go and such details. If air resistance could be calculated that'd be great too.

So what good software on windows 7 are there for this?

For a start a free software would be nice,

-Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
phinds said:
sketchup

woop woop ! I just tried it and it's beyond my expectations for a free program, I'll definately be moving over too the computer from paper and pen !

@phinds: woop woop, too!

I've just provided the link in Portuguese for this remarkable FREE resource to our local High School students here in the state of Tocantins, Brasil. Members of the faculty are already buzzing about how each one can utilize this cool tool! Thanks a lot for the link.

Bobbywhy

Yeah, it's a neat program. I do woodworking and I find it invaluable for laying out designs and making sure I know how the joints are going to work. Being able to see them in 3D and rotate them all around is really helpful.

Likes 1 person
Bobbywhy said:
Here is a tutorial to help learn how to use Sketchup:

http://www.sketchup.com/learn/videos

Thanks mate! but I've already moved over to the illegal version of solidworks :D

Related to Which Windows 7 software is best for creating 3D machine designs?

What program should I use for data analysis?

The answer depends on the type of data and the specific analysis you want to conduct. Some commonly used programs for data analysis include R, SAS, and Python. It's important to consider the features and capabilities of each program before deciding which one to use.

What software is best for creating graphs and charts?

There are several options for creating graphs and charts, including Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and Adobe Illustrator. Each program has its own strengths and limitations, so it's important to assess your needs and choose the one that best fits your project.

Which program is suitable for statistical analysis?

Again, the answer depends on the specific analysis you want to conduct. Some popular programs for statistical analysis include SPSS, Stata, and Minitab. It's important to consider the type of data you have and the statistical tests you need to run when choosing a program.

What is the best program for scientific writing and publishing?

For writing and publishing scientific articles, Microsoft Word and LaTeX are commonly used programs. Each has its own advantages and it's important to choose the one that best fits your writing style and needs.

Which software is suitable for creating 3D models and simulations?

For creating 3D models and simulations, some popular options include Autodesk Maya, Blender, and Cinema 4D. Each program has its own learning curve and capabilities, so it's important to choose the one that best meets your project requirements.