Who am I? Join me in discovering the curious mind behind this thread.

• Thread starter sqlru3
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the person's curiosity and their tendency to come up with random ideas and theories. They joined the forum in search of answers and were surprised to find that there was no designated place to introduce themselves. However, there was a tradition of sharing one's favorite fish. They mentioned their interest in Malawi cichlids, German blue rams, and Moorish idols as their top choices.
sqlru3
I thought this could be a good thread to start and couldn't find a better forum to post this to so i guess its going here. This is my first post here, and usually when i join a forum, there is a place to say hello and tell everyone about yourself, but i don't see one here. So i thought, what the heck, i'll get a thread started on it. Just talk about who you are, why you are here, etc...

Ever since I was young, i have been overly curious about every single stupid thing. Now and then I have a random idea that makes sense and i can't let it go until i figure out if it works or not. The earliest one of these that i can remember was that sun was really big and far away because of the relationship between the light coming off of it and how much heat was coming off of it. There are some obvious flaws with that logic of course but hey, i was five. Now i am not usually anything special mental-wise, but when i start thinking like that, i can't help myself. I am 17 and haven't had really any schooling in physics but i managed to create my own physics model. I came here looking for answers and its looking like this site will be very helpful.

Physics news on Phys.org
sqlru3 said:
This is my first post here, and usually when i join a forum, there is a place to say hello and tell everyone about yourself, but i don't see one here.

This forum is the place to introduce yourself, if you so choose. Most people don't bother, they just dive into one of the normal discussions. But as long as you're introducing yourself, welcome! The most important thing you can tell us about yourself is what your favorite fish is. (It's a tradition here.)

thats a tough one, i like malawi cichlids a lot but i think its a toss up between german blue rams and moorish idols.

1. What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to explore the concept of identity and self-discovery through a scientific lens. We will be discussing various theories and research related to the question "Who am I?" in order to gain a better understanding of ourselves and the world around us.

2. How does science contribute to understanding our identity?

Science provides an evidence-based approach to understanding the complexities of human identity. It allows us to study the biological, psychological, and social factors that shape who we are as individuals. By using scientific methods, we can gain a deeper understanding of our own identities and the differences and similarities among us.

3. Can our identities change over time?

Yes, our identities are not fixed and can change over time. This can be influenced by various factors such as life experiences, relationships, and personal growth. Our identities are constantly evolving as we learn, adapt, and experience new things.

4. Is there a universal answer to the question "Who am I?"

No, there is no one universal answer to this question. Each person's identity is unique and shaped by their individual experiences and perspectives. What may define one person's identity may not apply to another person.

5. How can understanding our identity benefit us?

Understanding our identity can lead to a greater sense of self-awareness and self-acceptance. It can also help us make more informed decisions and improve our relationships with others. Additionally, understanding our identity can contribute to personal growth and fulfillment as we learn more about ourselves and our place in the world.