Who is being honored on 'call everyone Dave day' in the UK?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dadface
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Dadface
Messages
2,489
Reaction score
105
Many UK members will know that it's "call everyone Dave day".This is as a tribute to the comedic talents and life of the recently departed Roger Lloyd-Pack aka Trigger in "Only Fools and Horses".

And so..."Good morning Dave"
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Somehow I read it in a HAL's 9000 voice.

(Is it HAL's 9000 or HAL 9000's? Or something even different?)
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=r6TsxDGtMpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=eucpZjDCat0
 
Dadface said:
Many UK members will know that it's "call everyone Dave day".This is as a tribute to the comedic talents and life of the recently departed Roger Lloyd-Pack aka Trigger in "Only Fools and Horses".

And so..."Good morning Dave"
That's funny. I was once in a meeting with over dozen people. There were 5 or 6 Daves in the meeting (there were at least 8 Daves in the organization). So when someone said "Dave", we weren't quite sure which Dave it was being addressed. :smile:
 
Borek said:
Somehow I read it in a HAL's 9000 voice.
That was my reaction too. I was going to reply with "I'm sorry Dave...", then got sidetracked.
(Is it HAL's 9000 or HAL 9000's? Or something even different?)

I expect it should be "HAL 9000's". But most of us just call him HAL, as in "Open the pod bay doors, HAL."