Who Is the Joyous Fellow in Marlon's New Avatar?

  • Thread starter Thread starter quasar987
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
17 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Messages
4,796
Reaction score
32
What about it?

Who's that that joyous feller in your avatar marlon?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
quasar987 said:
What about it?
Well, where's the mass tensor I ?

Who's that that joyous feller in your avatar marlon?
That's me, about 235 years ago.

regards
marlon
 
I expected that you'd explain things like "what is a rigid rotator" and "how does the treatement of uniform circular motion made by stunner does not apply to it."

I'd really like to know who is in your avatar, I assume he is some mathematician or physicist who lived some 235 years ago but I've never seen him before.
 
marlon said:
:biggrin: Nope, he's not a scientist, he is a far greater genius. You certainly know him.

tataram pam pam pam bom bom-bom,
taaram pam pam pam pam -

right ?
 
vanesch said:
tataram pam pam pam bom bom-bom,
taaram pam pam pam pam -

right ?
correct
:approve:
marlon
 
I'm still clueless. I just know he's a musician and he's not Bethoven.
 
quasar987 said:
I just know he's a musician and he's not Bethoven.

And how do you know that ? I mean, you first thought this guy was a scientist. Why the sudden change ?

ps : it's "van Beethoven", to be exact

regards
marlon
 
Last edited:
quasar:
It is a common misconception that Beethoven went about with his hair in disarray all day long.
When he went out for lunch, he always combed his hair first.
 
haha, it is not the hair that made me rule out beethoven, but rather the grave expression. But then again, I'm sure he put that aside as well as soon as he took a bite out of his sandwich.
 
I will give you a clue,

DUN! BANUM! BAN-NUM-A-NUM-A-NUM!

This one is especially for marlon:


hum-da-da
hum-da-de
hum-da-da
hhuumm-di-da
hum-da-di
hum-de-da
hum-da-da
hum-de-da

LLLLLLAAAA aaaAAAACRRRRRRIMOOOOsssssssaaaaaa
 
Last edited:
confutatis maledictis
flammis acribus addictis
voca mecum benedictis

or this

voi che sapete, che cosa e amor...

or this

la ci darem la mano, la mi dirai di si

or this

der Vogelfanger bin ich ja,...


marlon

(sorry, i left out the accents)
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
This one is especially for marlon:


hum-da-da
hum-da-de
hum-da-da
hhuumm-di-da
hum-da-di
hum-de-da
hum-da-da
hum-de-da

LLLLLLAAAA aaaAAAACRRRRRRIMOOOOsssssssaaaaaa

:-p

nice
you clearly know some good tunes, buddy:smile:
marlon
 
Some excruciatingly dumb art critic actually managed to say that this composer couldn't be called a genius because he didn't invent "new" music, but merely followed the traditions..
 
arildno said:
Some excruciatingly dumb art critic actually managed to say that this composer couldn't be called a genius because he didn't invent "new" music, but merely followed the traditions..
indeed that's correct.

Besides, "he" did not just follow traditions, he combined several styles in a most ingenious way and he wrote masterpieces in almost every "kind" of music.

marlon
 
I think it was the philosopher Kierkegaard who said that this composer had to die early, otherwise, the heavens would have been emptied of music..
 
arildno said:
I think it was the philosopher Kierkegaard who said that this composer had to die early, otherwise, the heavens would have been emptied of music..
:-p

Nice words.
Nice clues for the OP.

marlon
 
“One must not make oneself cheap here -- that is a cardinal point -- or else one is done. Whoever is most impertinent has the best chance.”