Why Are Satellite Launch Pads Located on East Coast?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter whoelsebutme
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Launch Satellite
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
whoelsebutme
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I have a question... it may seem like a very basic one, but still I am not able to answer this.

"Why all satellite launch pads are located on east coast"?

I can understand why satellite neeeds to be launhed in eastward direction, but when I tried to correlate these two together, I was told that still something is missing. :rolleyes:

May be someone of you here can tell the correct answer.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure if they launch satellites from White Sands or not, but anyway, the reason NASA's launch facility is on the east coast of Florida is safety: the rockets fly out over the ocean instead of over populated areas.