Why is Socrates' preference for questions similar to root cause analysis in IT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter grumpup
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 719 views
grumpup
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
I stumbled on this site a few days ago. While trained in Physics many decades ago, I have spent over 5 decades doing IT - and despite my age continue to do so. Besides physics (and therefore mathematics), my undergraduate was a liberal arts curriculum that included philosophy. I have a tendency to wax in that direction on occasion. The moniker was chosen to include grumpy, which those of us my age tend to be, and pup, a nickname I assumed late in life, partly because my best friend is Kat. I also sometimes use grandpup, as I have 5 granddaughters. The Kat also has 5 grandkittens of mixed gender.

My favorite philosopher is Socrates, because his preference for questions over answers, mirrors the analysis method of IT called root cause analysis.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi grumpup.
welcome_shooter.gif


https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/holly-1756-gif.110502/