Why is there mold growing on my brown sugar?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Neicie
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 243 views
Neicie
How did you find PF?
I came across PF while searching for an answer on why there was white furry mould growing on my dark brown sugar.
I cannot understand why there is white furry mould growing on my brown sugar as I always believed that sugar was a preservative.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Neicie said:
How did you find PF?: I came across PF while searching for an answer on why there was white furry mould growing on my dark brown sugar.

I cannot understand why there is white furry mould growing on my brown sugar as I always believed that sugar was a preservative.
(You should not ask questions in https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/new-member-introductions.240/ - ask in the appropriate forum.)

But, from my experience, if it gets damp, mold or yeast will grow.