Why Lorentz transformations seem normal in 4D spacetime

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paige_Turner
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 344 views
Paige_Turner
Messages
44
Reaction score
9
How did you find PF?
google
Hi, I'm Paige. I'm autistic and pathologically shy--though not when online for some reason.

I'm interested in special relativity, topology, and metric spaces. I'm sure the universe is not simply-connected. I also feel that since mass is momentum in the direction of future time, that all the weirdness of Lorentz transformations just disappear when you think in 4D and stop thinking of yourself as stationary, at all, ever--even in your own inertial rest frame. All the time dilation and bizarro paradoxes are just a result of observing everything from essentially, a moving flatbed train car.

If past is indeed prologue, I'll be thrown out because I'm emotionally retarded (autistic), and I won't know why. But until then, I look forward to learning from you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Paige. Clever username! :smile:

Be sure to read over the PF rules (see INFO at the top of the page), especially the parts about "no speculation" and that we discuss mainstream science here. You'll do fine as long as you ask questions and post links to the reading you've been doing so far to try to answer your questions.

Enjoy PF! :smile: