Why Preview sometimes won't work till after a post is posted?

• Thread starter bob012345
  • Start date
In summary, the Preview function may not work due to errors in your content, unsupported formatting or media, or temporary glitches in the system. You can try fixing any errors, removing unsupported elements, or contacting technical support for assistance. However, the Preview function not working does not necessarily mean that your post will not work. It is important as it allows you to catch errors and make changes before publishing your content. To improve its reliability, make sure your content is error-free and does not contain any unsupported elements, and try clearing your browser's cache or using a different browser.
bob012345
Gold Member
Preview sometimes won't work till after a post is posted. I can't see if it's right till after I post it. Why is that?

Physics news on Phys.org
OK, I see it's a well known bug.

Likes Wrichik Basu
bob012345 said:
OK, I see it's a well known bug.
Added your thread to my list.

1. Why does the preview function sometimes not work until after I have posted my content?

The preview function relies on the content being saved and processed before it can display a preview. If you have not saved your content or if there are any errors in the content, the preview function will not work.

2. How can I make sure the preview function works properly?

Be sure to save your content before trying to preview it. Also, check for any errors in your content that may be preventing the preview function from working.

3. Is there a specific format I need to follow for the preview function to work?

No, the preview function should work for any type of content. However, it may not work if there are any coding errors or if the content is not saved properly.

4. Can I edit my content after previewing it?

Yes, you can make changes to your content after previewing it. However, you will need to save the changes before previewing again to see the updated version.

5. Why is the preview function important?

The preview function allows you to see how your content will look before it is published. This can help catch any errors or make any necessary changes before the content is shared with others.