1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Work Culture and Good Studying Habits in College

1. Jul 14, 2007 #1
    I Know its stupid to ask this question but i feel what most of the College students miss is to use their skill to the optimum, So are the proffesionals interested in giving advice??? Please share your views and guide us.

-An young UG student
    Benzun

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2007 #2
  4. Jul 14, 2007 #3
    i personally believe that the best way for students to get their work done is to know alot of people who are passionate about the same or similar things, it can help keep you somewhat thinking about the material. It also helps as your not thinking so much aboutfinishing your work so you can go out with friends because you already are with friends.

5. Jul 17, 2007 #4
    is there no more advice???

6. Jul 17, 2007 #5
    Study wise, don't try to go it on your own. Get a workgroup together :)

7. Jul 17, 2007 #6
    learn to get addicted to studying.

8. Jul 17, 2007 #7
    study at the library, it is a lot more conducive to it. just don't forget to bring food so you don't have to take breaks.

9. Jul 17, 2007 #8

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Here is a thread from last year about GPAs, where we got off into discussions about good study habits. See my post #23, and a very good post by kdinser at #36, among others.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=148557

10. Jul 17, 2007 #9
    wow i wish i could add my $.02 to that thread. i can't believe chroot and cyrus would defame mathwonk like that

11. Jul 17, 2007 #10

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Well, in fairness, mathwonk said some things that were a little unusual, and the discussion sure went all over the place.

12. Jul 19, 2007 #11
    Thank you guys that was helpful... in about 2 days i will be in college.. its time to practice some good techniques....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?