Your most wonderful imagination ever

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary: So basically, it is a land made of food! like the grass, clouds, everything is delicious! (like how a sheep might feel) and all in rainbow colours! and there are small white fluffy ball-like creatures that jump that are friendly pets and can be stroked! soooo nice! and sunny always!In summary, dreams are a way for the subconscious to express itself. Daydreams are a form of visualization that can take on a wide variety of forms. Visualizations, imagery, insights, epiphanies, and shared observations are all types of dreaming that can be enjoyed. Lucid dreams are especially fun to experience. Oversoul: the universal mind or spirit that anim
Loren Booda
Dreams, daydreams, visualizations, imagery, insights, epiphanies, shared observations, other worlds and more.

Physics news on Phys.org
Loren Booda said:
Dreams, daydreams, visualizations, imagery, insights, epiphanies, shared observations, other worlds and more.

What is yours?

I have some of the most messed up, but amazingly creative dreams. Not trying to brag either. Some of the local art students actually come to me and ask about my dreams for inspiration in their artwork. Too bad I'm only a creative genius when I'm asleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Around 7th grade and before pot smoking, I discovered Surrealism. This period of my life followed an interest in spatial reasoning and a visit to an M.C. Escher exhibition (where one could buy an original print for around $100!)

I especially studied painters using subtle metaphors, like Magritte's "The Empire of Lights." I could close my eyes and picture my own surreal landscapes, with such elements as Roman architecture. The geometric view was as much a feeling as it was a fulfillment of order and beauty.

Bright sun now lights my dreams of hope and warmth, but I am especially fortunate when nighttime takes me back to the surreal mood.

Lucid dreams are a real treat for me. Wonderful fun. Rare, and I actively pursue them, because they are such wonderful fun.

Oversoul: the universal mind or spirit that animates, motivates, and is the unifying principle of all living things

Human colonization of outer space.

i want to rid myself of ego so i can expierience the collective consciousness.

Do you think a lion has ever seen an octopus? Could it be possible that these two species have absolutely no knowledge of the others existence?

PhDorBust said:
Do you think a lion has ever seen an octopus? Could it be possible that these two species have absolutely no knowledge of the others existence?

What of polar bears and elephants?

PhDorBust said:

Ontology recapitulates phylogeny.

When I realized how the scientific method, skepticism and critical thinking intellecutally lifted me above so many of my fellow humans, and shortly after that, when I started with physics, how the vastness of the universe and our place humbled me as a human by so much more.

When certain activity at certain serotonergic receptors showed me God and I realized that he is exactly that - a product of a human brain, and how unnecessary he feels to me (which made me an agnostic atheist).

When thoughts like this: "Matter flows from place to place
And momentarily comes together to be you
Some people find that thought disturbing
I find the reality thrilling" (Dawkins, taken from Symphony of Science)

fill my eyes with tears because the implications touch something deep within me, and I feel the slightest glimpse of hope to grasp at least a very small part of the universe, and the certainity to be a part of this wonderful place.

When I realize certain mathematical concepts, my mind is blown and I'm completely withdrawn for days because thinking about it makes it even hard to swallow because of the huge ball in my throat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was a dream I had 2 years back, I was skating bare foot on a small pond of water, there was a very high water fall next to it, and the pond was very deep it seems too dark almost black, but the water was clear and cold. There was a blue fish close to the surface and I was fishing it with my toe, I kept lifting it up then let it back to the water a number of times, it was weird but fun...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMrhIrjrU-jlVpoOtvhr427eB-sXrvBXrcI_ahz4IzO0ZOQD_V.jpg
vs.​
fields-medal.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqBGq4GLTLg4mJTnitt9u-Bvy8iOunObUJkMsGieiC2Jk-ejsOBA.jpg

drizzle said:
Mine was a dream I had 2 years back, I was skating bare foot on a small pond of water, there was a very high water fall next to it, and the pond was very deep it seems too dark almost black, but the water was clear and cold. There was a blue fish close to the surface and I was fishing it with my toe, I kept lifting it up then let it back to the water a number of times, it was weird but fun...

If only all of us could remember such surreal dreams! Beautiful!

Some dreams are more vivid than real life.

I used to have a wonderful dreamland! So basically, it is a land made of food! like the grass, clouds, everything is delicious! (like how a sheep might feel) and all in rainbow colours! and there are small white fluffy ball-like creatures that jump that are friendly pets and can be stroked! soooo nice! and sunny always!

yeah.. but I haven't dreamt/visualised this place for ages now.

How about hypnagogic imagery, occurring during the transition from wakefulness to sleep? Now I rarely catch myself in that illusory state -- I believe it is called lucid dreaming, as someone mentioned before.

I used to have the experience more often as a child, when I was emerging from a nightmare. During my nightmare I was able to force myself awake, having been chased by what seemed a mini black hole. I would white-out as I was returning to consciousness. Sometimes I believed to have awakened, only to find the monster still seizing my neck.

I stopped having nightmares around 27 years ago, when I gave up street drugs.

1. What is "Your most wonderful imagination ever"?

"Your most wonderful imagination ever" is a phrase used to describe the limitless potential and creativity of one's own imagination. It refers to the idea that our minds have the ability to come up with incredible and unique ideas and concepts that can shape our reality.

2. How can I use my imagination more effectively?

There are many ways to enhance and utilize your imagination, such as engaging in creative activities like writing, drawing, or daydreaming. It's also important to allow yourself time and space to let your mind wander and explore new ideas without judgment.

3. Can imagination be beneficial?

Yes, imagination can have many benefits, including helping us to think outside the box, problem-solve, and come up with innovative ideas. It can also improve our overall mental well-being and help us cope with stress and anxiety.

4. Is there a limit to our imagination?

While our imagination may seem boundless, there are some limitations based on our own life experiences and knowledge. However, with practice and openness, we can continue to expand and push the boundaries of our imagination.

5. How can I encourage creativity and imagination in others?

One way to encourage creativity and imagination in others is to provide a supportive and open-minded environment, where ideas are welcomed and not judged. Encouraging individuals to try new things and explore their interests can also foster a sense of imagination.