Your thoughts about "International Journal of Theoretical Physics"

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
EternalStudent
Messages
51
Reaction score
3
A year ago, I asked a question about two journals, both of which were predatory ( https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/are-open-access-journals-legit-for-my-cv.990744/ ). Thanks to the overwhelming advice I have received, I did NOT publish in either of those journals.

Right now I am asking a question about a different journal, that I did not ask before. Namely, I am asking about "International Journal of Theoretical Physics". Two things that makes it seem legit is that

a) My paper was sent there by a transfer desk at "Journal of Foundations of Physics", and I assume that one to be valid
b) I believe it is part of Springer just like the "Foundations of Physics" one is

However, what happened is that I got the first paper published (the one transferred by the transferred desk), and now I have the second paper recommended for publication with "minor revisions" (and this second paper I submitted on my own without any transfer desk involved). Now, given my track record that it is very difficult for me to get anything published, I am starting to remember the saying "if it seems too good to be true it probably is". Can you take a look at that journal and let me know if it is worth it publishing there, or whether I should look for better journals?

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's legit. It's also not a top journal.