Your thoughts about "International Journal of Theoretical Physics"

In summary, the conversation discusses the legitimacy of a journal called "International Journal of Theoretical Physics" in comparison to other predatory journals. The individual had previously received advice not to publish in predatory journals and is now questioning if this new journal is trustworthy. They have had one paper published through a transfer desk and are now considering publishing a second paper with minor revisions. The individual is seeking advice on whether they should publish with this journal or look for better options.
EternalStudent
A year ago, I asked a question about two journals, both of which were predatory ( https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/are-open-access-journals-legit-for-my-cv.990744/ ). Thanks to the overwhelming advice I have received, I did NOT publish in either of those journals.

Right now I am asking a question about a different journal, that I did not ask before. Namely, I am asking about "International Journal of Theoretical Physics". Two things that makes it seem legit is that

a) My paper was sent there by a transfer desk at "Journal of Foundations of Physics", and I assume that one to be valid
b) I believe it is part of Springer just like the "Foundations of Physics" one is

However, what happened is that I got the first paper published (the one transferred by the transferred desk), and now I have the second paper recommended for publication with "minor revisions" (and this second paper I submitted on my own without any transfer desk involved). Now, given my track record that it is very difficult for me to get anything published, I am starting to remember the saying "if it seems too good to be true it probably is". Can you take a look at that journal and let me know if it is worth it publishing there, or whether I should look for better journals?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's legit. It's also not a top journal.

Likes Astronuc

1. What is the purpose of the International Journal of Theoretical Physics?

The International Journal of Theoretical Physics (IJTP) is a peer-reviewed scientific journal that publishes original research in the field of theoretical physics. Its purpose is to provide a platform for scientists to share their ideas and findings, and to contribute to the advancement of theoretical physics.

2. How is the quality of articles in the International Journal of Theoretical Physics ensured?

The IJTP follows a rigorous peer-review process, where submitted articles are evaluated by experts in the field to ensure their quality and validity. This process helps to maintain the high standards of the journal and ensures that only high-quality research is published.

3. Can anyone submit an article to the International Journal of Theoretical Physics?

Yes, anyone can submit an article to the IJTP. However, the article must meet the journal's criteria for originality, significance, and scientific rigor. It is also important for the author to follow the submission guidelines provided by the journal to increase the chances of acceptance.

4. How often is the International Journal of Theoretical Physics published?

The IJTP is a monthly journal, meaning that it is published 12 times a year. This allows for a timely dissemination of new research and keeps readers up-to-date with the latest developments in theoretical physics.

5. Is the International Journal of Theoretical Physics open access?

Yes, the IJTP is an open-access journal, meaning that all articles are freely available online for anyone to read and download. This allows for a wider dissemination of knowledge and promotes collaboration and progress in the field of theoretical physics.