Physics Forums

Physics Forums (http://www.physicsforums.com/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback & Announcements (http://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Hello Thread (http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=58)

FZ+ Mar16-03 01:48 PM

The Hello Thread

Well... PF 3 is here.
(somewhat belatedly :wink:)
So, what do people think? Who's back? Who's new?
Announce yourselves here...

damgo Mar16-03 04:21 PM

Hello hello. I'm back, sort of... I was alis before. :)

drag Mar16-03 11:26 PM

Greetings !

STAii Mar17-03 02:25 AM

Back too.
I guess most of the people that joined a lot will be back soon.
BTW, what is the story of the new + in your nick FZ+ ?

Pauly Man Mar17-03 02:40 AM

I'm Back. Been so busy with uni I had no idea we were changing.... Well I had an idea we were changing, just not so soon. :smile:

Bubonic Plague Mar17-03 04:43 AM

Elvis has entered the building!

FZ+ Mar17-03 12:24 PM

Hmm... The +?
Well, it philosophically places an undefined addition to my username, suggesting that the name is only a part of all the concepts it encompasses, and that what is significant is not the name itself, but that which surrounds it which is significant.
Or, it suggests the eternally cumulative nature of scientific endeavor, suggesting that there exists always a plus for everything. Our sum of knowledge is never complete.
Or, it suggests a wistful feeling at the inevitability of change, that to progress, we must improve. And hence, the uncertain plus implies the idea of sheer undirectly evolutionary energy that is present in life.

Or maybe it's just because PF3 has an annoying thing about usernames under 3 letters. :wink:

Greg Bernhardt Mar17-03 12:26 PM

haha, being an admin, I think the reason the must be one of the first three.

I like the plus however, shows evolution!

Mentat Mar17-03 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FZ+
Hmm... The +?
Well, it philosophically places an undefined addition to my username, suggesting that the name is only a part of all the concepts it encompasses, and that what is significant is not the name itself, but that which surrounds it which is significant.
Or, it suggests the eternally cumulative nature of scientific endeavor, suggesting that there exists always a plus for everything. Our sum of knowledge is never complete.
Or, it suggests a wistful feeling at the inevitability of change, that to progress, we must improve. And hence, the uncertain plus implies the idea of sheer undirectly evolutionary energy that is present in life.

Or maybe it's just because PF3 has an annoying thing about usernames under 3 letters. :wink:

LOL!!

Well, Mentat's back. Please, keep the booing to a minimum.

Ganshauk Mar17-03 10:21 PM

Rock on

PHP rocks.

This forum rocks.

Ganshauk rocks...oh wait.. I'd hate to be immodest.

Ganshauk rocks immodestly!

I feel like I just got a new car and am still checking out all the killer gadgets on the dash. The only thing missing is that new-car-smell. Oh well, maybe PF 4.

CJames Mar18-03 12:28 AM

I love the new look. Great work on this Greg.

Hello all. It's good to be back.

Another God Mar18-03 04:20 AM

awww man... this brings back memories of when i came home from school in year 4, and my parents had moved interstate without telling me...

Why do people keep moving and not telling me??!!!!

:wink:

(Of course I am still here)

Mistress Lilith Mar18-03 04:43 AM

By the looks of it, I'm already late! LoL, good to see that pretty much everyone's still around, and I've only visited the Feedback Forum so far!

STAii Mar18-03 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by FZ+
Or, it suggests the eternally cumulative nature of scientific endeavor, suggesting that there exists always a plus for everything.
LOL.
So some day we will have FZ+++++ ?
Quote:

Ohh ... that is really sad (for the members with (Extremly) short nicknames
Why such a policy is applied in your opinion (is it some kind of usefull ?)

Zargawee Mar18-03 12:54 PM

Hello

HELLO ....

The Site Is Cool ... Not Becuase Of The Look , But Becuase Of It's Poeple
:wink: ....

Nicool003 Mar18-03 02:20 PM

HEY EVERYONE!!!!! WELCOME TO PF 3!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe I have wanted to do that for days!

Well I dont know if i am going by Nicool002 anymore... as you can see I was under it but that was when PF 3 was on the test site and it wont allow me to login now that we are on the official site. But the mentors dont seem to be having any problems so I will see what Greg can do about it.

LURCH Mar18-03 05:02 PM

You rang?

Originally attracted to a site I thought would contain discussion of Addams', a wayward wanderer discovers that discussing "atoms" can also be quite interesting.

"I will follow this site 'round the Horn and 'round the Cape of Good Hope and 'round Perdition's flames before I give it up!!"

This is sooo cool; people move their location, and I hunt them down. It's a lot like cyber-stalking!

Sourire Mar18-03 09:06 PM

I will have to agree with Lurch! I will follow this site anywhere!!!!

Some of the names have changed....but this place is still the same....AWESOME!!!!