Mentor Changes Dec #2: Farewell Ryan, Welcome Bhobba!

• Announcement
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, today we have more mentor changes to announce. First off, mentor @Ryan_m_b is retiring. Ryan has been crushing his PhD research and needs every minute can spare. Ryan will still stop in when he finds a rare extra minute and we hope once his PhD is complete he will return to us. Ryan was essential in maintaining and developing the Other Science forums and also was integral to many of our current policies. We wish Ryan the very best of luck and a speedy return!We welcome @bhobba to the mentor group. @bhobba is no mystery to anyone here. He's about as friendly and knowledgeable as you can get and we are super lucky to add him to the team.
Today we have more mentor changes to announce. First off, mentor @Ryan_m_b is retiring. Ryan has been crushing his PhD research and needs every minute can spare. Ryan will still stop in when he finds a rare extra minute and we hope once his PhD is complete he will return to us. Ryan was essential in maintaining and developing the Other Science forums and also was integral to many of our current policies. We wish Ryan the very best of luck and a speedy return!

To help fill Ryan's void but in a different capacity we welcome @bhobba to the mentor group. @bhobba is no mystery to anyone here. He's about as friendly and knowledgeable as you can get and we are super lucky to add him to the team. PF will prosper with his efforts and a holiday gift to the community!

Likes WWGD, Marc Rindermann, Stavros Kiri and 20 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh wow. Welcome @bhobba and congratulations. I'm still a rookie at this mentoring stuff myself, so you and I can be contemporaries. There's a lot to learn, but the others are helpful and patient.

Likes Stavros Kiri, Comeback City, Charles Link and 1 other person
Congratulations @bhobba !

Likes Comeback City and bhobba
Wow, neat prize. Well diserved.

Likes WWGD, Comeback City and bhobba
Likes Comeback City, bhobba and Charles Link
Whoop! Congrats! hoʻonani i ka hana hou! (Translation: congrats on the new job!)

Likes Noe Wong and bhobba
dextercioby said:
Wow, neat prize. Well diserved.
Neat prize? Getting whipped by Greg is no prize!

Likes Orodruin and bhobba
congratulations to you @bhobba

Congratulations, @bhobba! :partytime:

And @Ryan_m_b, I wanted to wish you all the best on your PhD research! When you have that rare extra minute, let us know how things are going, and hope you'll be back among us!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
DrClaude said:
Neat prize? Getting whipped by Greg is no prize!

Whipped cream to the face is my most infamous punishment, muahahaha

Congratulations

Greg Bernhardt said:
@bhobba is no mystery to anyone here. He's about as friendly and knowledgeable as you can get and we are super lucky to add him to the team.
Indeed. I learn a bunch from him when he's learning from @A. Neumaier.
bhobba said:
Arnold has always been one of my favorite posters that I have learned an enormous amount from.
Congratulations Bill.

Likes bhobba
dlgoff said:
Indeed. I learn a bunch from him when he's learning from @A. Neumaier.

And boy do I learn from that guy.

Thanks
Bill

Likes dlgoff
cnh1995 said:
Congrats @bhobba! And all the best @Ryan_m_b for your PhD research!
Don't I know you from the Wonder Years?

cnh1995 said:
Congrats @bhobba! And all the best @Ryan_m_b for your PhD research!
Exactly that ... revisited

What is the purpose of the "Mentor Changes Dec #2: Farewell Ryan, Welcome Bhobba!"?

The purpose of this change is to announce the departure of one mentor, Ryan, and the arrival of a new mentor, Bhobba.

Why is Ryan leaving and who is replacing him?

Ryan is leaving due to personal reasons. Bhobba, who has been a long-time member of our team, will be taking over as the new mentor.

Will there be any changes to the mentorship program with this transition?

There will not be any significant changes to the mentorship program. The same structure and guidelines will remain in place.

How will this transition affect current mentees?

This transition should not have a significant impact on current mentees. Bhobba will be available to continue any ongoing mentorships and will be able to provide the same level of support as Ryan.

How can I reach out to Bhobba for mentorship?

You can reach out to Bhobba through the same channels as before, such as our mentorship program platform or through direct messaging. Bhobba will also be introduced during the next mentorship session.