What is the PF Whiteboard and how can it enhance scientific discussions?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, PF is pleased to announce the PF Whiteboard. It allows you to easily draw images to supplement your posts.
PF is pleased to announce the PF Whiteboard. It allows you to easily draw images to supplement your posts.

It's super easy. Here are the steps:

1. Click the "Whiteboard" button in either thread reply or new thread areas under the editor.
2. Draw your image using the tools provided. You can even bring in wolframalpha data!
3. Click the "save snapshot" button and save the image to disk. * Windows users can also use the Snippet Tool
4. Upload to PF like any other normal attachment.

Try it out and show us what you can create!

whiteboard1.png

whiteboard2.png

Physics news on Phys.org
?temp_hash=4705175ea6975aef8f9b140ee9444138.jpg

Attachments

• Snapshot.jpg
    Snapshot.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 654
@dlgoff why would you use it that way? why not just upload the original photo? :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
@dlgoff why would you use it that way? why not just upload the original photo? :)
I wouldn't but it's faster than using an image server like image shack, etc. I thought that using a image server was the preferred way to save space here.

Edit: You do look nicer by uploading the original. :)

?temp_hash=114ec15e2765fd826f423b3f56664400.jpg

Attachments

• Our Leader.JPG
    Our Leader.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 608
dlgoff said:
I wouldn't but it's faster than using an image server like image shack, etc. I thought that using a image server was the preferred way to save space here.
It's actually better to upload because over time those image shack links tend to go broken at some point. We now have tens of thousands of broken image links in old threads. :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
It's actually better to upload because over time those image shack links tend to go broken at some point. We now have tens of thousands of broken image links in old threads. :)
Sounds good to me. :bow:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
1.jpg

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:

Does that mean @ZapperZ ought to change the rules for the weekly photo contest to allow uploading the photos to PF instead of hosting them externally?

Our Leader 2.jpg

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. What is the PF Whiteboard and what is its purpose?

The PF Whiteboard is a presentation tool that allows scientists to visually communicate their research and ideas. Its purpose is to enhance presentations and improve audience engagement.

2. How does the PF Whiteboard differ from other presentation tools?

The PF Whiteboard is unique in its use of interactive visual aids, such as animations, diagrams, and images, to effectively convey scientific concepts. It also allows for real-time collaboration and customization of presentations.

3. Is the PF Whiteboard user-friendly for non-tech-savvy individuals?

Yes, the PF Whiteboard is designed to be intuitive and user-friendly for all levels of technological expertise. It has a simple and easy-to-navigate interface, making it accessible to anyone.

4. Can I use the PF Whiteboard for virtual presentations?

Yes, the PF Whiteboard can be used for both in-person and virtual presentations. It has features specifically designed for virtual presentations, such as screen-sharing and live polling.

5. Are there any limitations to the types of content that can be included in a PF Whiteboard presentation?

No, the PF Whiteboard allows for a wide range of content, including text, images, videos, and interactive elements. It also supports various file formats, making it versatile for any type of scientific presentation.