View Single Post
LorentzR
Aug15-07, 08:55 AM
P: 34
Quote Quote by ZapperZ View Post
You seem to have a very strange way of making a position measurement, and then telling me something else about it. And why are we now talking about a "momentum" along the plane of the screen? This isn't a discussion about the HUP!Zz.
I don’t think you can consider quantum interactions without considering the effects of uncertainty.

I used the above illustration to show that the electron can be in more than one place at any one time.

In the ARPES experiment, apart from the measured value, all other values of momentum are cancelled out through the electron’s self interference. Because of the free path between the target and the detector! This does not mean the electron does not possess other values of momentum and position it is just the experimental set up ensures they do not affect the outcome by allowing for their destructive interference. If any object were to be placed near to the apparent path of the electron then the symmetry of the wave pattern would be disturbed and the results compromised.

The "momentum" that I referred to is the momentum measurement in ARPES where the POSITION of the electron hitting the detector is equivalent to the in-plane momentum of the electron. In fact, it is the in-plane momentum of the electron while it was in the crystal material that emitted the electron in the first place. The resolution of the position corresponds directly to the resolution of the momentum. Refer to any of the latest ARPES papers on high-Tc superconductors, for example, since T. Valla's paper in Science in 1999. You'll see something that looks like my avatar!Zz.

I think here you should be referring to the angular distribution of the detector’s responses

Have you noticed that not once have you made any direct reference to anything published or actual experimental work to support what you are saying? Why is that? In addition, when was the last time you actually had to make a photon or electron position detection?

I also notice that you could not tell me how many high energy experimentalists you have surveyed regarding their detection methods. Does that mean that many of the criteria you impose on me does not apply to you?

Zz.
That because it’s all basic Physics! My only deviation is to have asserted that the weight evidence suggests that pairs of spatially extended quantum entities become “super-positioned” and interact directly and the result of their interaction produces a macroscopically measurable event at a specific position relative to our reference grids.

Sorry but this has no citation it just jumped out of my head; so where’s the best place for all the info on bunching and anti bunching?