View Single Post
ZapperZ
Aug15-07, 09:25 AM
Mentor
P: 28,841
Quote Quote by LorentzR View Post
I don’t think you can consider quantum interactions without considering the effects of uncertainty.

I used the above illustration to show that the electron can be in more than one place at any one time.
Not when it is detected! When I detect it, it has a well-defined position for that one single measurement!

In the ARPES experiment, apart from the measured value, all other values of momentum are cancelled out through the electron’s self interference. Because of the free path between the target and the detector! This does not mean the electron does not possess other values of momentum and position it is just the experimental set up ensures they do not affect the outcome by allowing for their destructive interference. If any object were to be placed near to the apparent path of the electron then the symmetry of the wave pattern would be disturbed and the results compromised.
Er.. say what? Where did you get this? What canceled out?

I think here you should be referring to the angular distribution of the detector’s responses
This is very strange. Have you looked at an electron analyzer and figure out what exactly it is that you're talking about?

That because it’s all basic Physics! My only deviation is to have asserted that the weight evidence suggests that pairs of spatially extended quantum entities become “super-positioned” and interact directly and the result of their interaction produces a macroscopically measurable event at a specific position relative to our reference grids.
I have no idea what you are talking about here. I suppose if you muddle it enough, I'd lose contact with what the issue is all about. You're succeeding.

Sorry but this has no citation it just jumped out of my head;
Ah, now things have some explanation on why they are not making any sense.

so where’s the best place for all the info on bunching and anti bunching?
H. Paul, Rev. Mod. Phys. 54, 1061 (1982)

Zz.