View Single Post
hurk4
Dec26-07, 07:03 AM
P: 132
I voted for yes without giving my arguments, which after all I will give here.
1) I am convinced of a bounce preceding the expansion phase. (I think this is according Bojowald; Ashtekar).
2) Now aday’s, I.M.O. it is well accepted that the bounce domain, LQC at t=0, or even the BB in string theory, was not a point but indeed a domain containing high density.
3) If 1) is true, then there was no beginning in time ,(our observable universe did not start; t=0 is the phaseshift moment where contraction changed into expansion).
4) To me it seems not an absolute necessary condition that the maximum density, though very high, at the bounce should become as high as the Planck density.
5) I.M.O. “the cosmological principle” is a kind of boundary condition/specification (obvious very practical to use in most cosmological calculations) but certainly not a physical law. It is, to a certain degree, useful in many macroscopic considerations about our observable universe, but there are deviations and it is certainly not proven by experiments to be valid at even larger scales. Theoretically it seems me to be too big a constraint for further thinking, because it implies that the expansion of the universe is valid at all scales as an extrapolation of the experienced expansion of our observable universe.
6) I.M.O. it is very well thinkable that the cosmological principle is not exact valid at all macroscopic scales. In a kind of absolute sense from our observation site approximately yes, but in a relativistic sense no.
7) If 6) is true then it is imaginable that our verse (bounce) is not unique in space time i.o.w. it might be a concentration domain of energy (mass, black energy, dark energy and the like). See alo my thread “is our bounce unique?”
8) If 7) is true then it is very well imaginable that though the related verse is not static as a whole, its dynamic part can serve as the kernel of a BH/WH with a relative static Schwarzschild horizon. Around this kernel the density is then decreasing and very low, much lower then the density of our observable universe. We can calculate for each average density a Schwarzschild radius provided that this radius is larger then the radius of the domain in consideration and provided that a correction can be made for the influence of the surrounding environment..
I would conclude by saying I voted for yes because, with all my arguments together, I see possibilities for a universe which was never created and which will ever exist where I don’t need to accept a nonsensical nothing, a strange inflation concept or a religious argument which still puts ourselves in a central position. Some of my thoughts I saw already expressed in some posts of this thread but I felt a drive for myself to give you my own picture.
In my view I see our verse as “a beating heart within a Schwarzschild shell; this one beeing one of many in an infinite universe”