View Single Post
OrionVTOL
Aug28-10, 07:49 AM
P: 33
I love watching documentaries on that which utilizes physics principles and since I lost my job, I have pondered the idea of going to get a second degree. A part of me thinks how great it would be to go into a physics type degree, but I know that means the highest level math would be required. I did pretty well in the lower level math classes, but didn't get into the more cerebral types and I must admit that I find the posibility of being in such a class quite daunting. When I watch documentaries, they often have very advanced equations writen down, and to me, I don't see how I could ever wrap my mind around it. Now, I know that they [the physicists] have many years of "gradually increasing difficulty" math in their past as they attained their knowledge, . . . but I have to wonder if some people's minds are predisposed to being good at math where others would never be able to "get it".

Having said that, . . . I am open to the possibility that a physics degree would be difficult to transfer to a good paying job, so the second part of this thread has to do with. . . "what would I do WITH a physics type degree"?

I appreciate your input.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
What lit up the universe?
Sheepdogs use just two simple rules to round up large herds of sheep
Animals first flex their muscles