View Single Post
waynexk8
Nov23-11, 08:19 AM
P: 399
Hi there,

This is fantastic, just what I wanted. I am not that good at physics, so may I asked a few laymenís questions please. When you worked out the fast moving the weight 1000mm in .5 of a second, you did add in the deceleration phase for this ??? And if you did, this force/strength used would have been more without a deceleration phase. I imagined you did add these in, but as the physics are over my head, thought I best ask.

What you have done is just what I was hoping, looking for, could we now do one more equation please if you have the time.

As we know you worked out the force/strength to move the weight up from a still start to 1000mm in .5 of a second, but could we please add in what we called the peak forces, or the MMMT {Momentary Maximum Muscle Tensions} this is the transition from negative to positive. And you know FAR more than me, that to stop a weight that is moving down at 1000mm every .5 of a second, and then immediately stop and move it back up to 1000mm at .5 of a second, will take more force than moving it up from a still start, of as the down acceleration components, as the weight will appear the be far more than its still weight of 150kg it would be more like 180kg if it hit a scales. As for every reaction, there is an opposite reaction, and this reaction of moving the weight from the downward eccentric transition back up to concentric, will put/use more force/strength.

Could you please if possible work this Milly second or more peak force and then I could add it to the 890N you worked out the force/strength was for the still start.

SORRY, I always try too over explain things.

Thx for your time and help, itís been great.

Wayne