View Single Post
nitsuj
Dec23-11, 09:38 AM
P: 1,098
Quote Quote by ghwellsjr View Post
WOW, I think you're having too much fun. A lot of erroneous ideas here.What do you mean that there is no difference between 16 frames per second, day or year? It is true that all processes, including biological will be slowed down for the traveling twin, as determined by the rest frame of the Earth, but the traveling twin will also determine that the Earth twin is the one that is experiencing time dilation according to his own rest frame. And you're also mixed up on the speed of a photon being 1.9c or 0.1c according to the traveling twin. I suggest that you do a lot of reading or asking questions instead of trying to answer them until you get yourself up on the learning curve.
I can't see one in his/her post. Could you be more specific since your are being so bold.

The closing distance comment is fairly accurate (#'s aren't). The concept is definitly right (excluding the "distance" contraction / "time contraction" comment).

Of course the 16 seconds, days, year comment is refering to time dilation. Im pretty sure you understand that. It means there is no difference in the traveling observers perception of time passing (tick tock / proper time ect) to that of an observer who is at "rest".

I suggest that you do a lot of reading or asking questions instead of trying to answer them until you get yourself up on the learning curve.

Nice ain't it?

You've helped me improve my understanding of SR on a number of occasions ghwellsjr, it is a shame to see you post a reply like that. When I know you are capable of getting Qzit's interpretations on a more defined track / train of thought.