View Single Post
DaleSpam
Feb16-12, 10:47 PM
Mentor
P: 16,961
Quote Quote by universal_101 View Post
when there is a current, the charges in the wire start moving in a particular direction, but when there is NO current there is NO motion. Therefore, according to the transformation of one force into other, there should be a force on a stationary charge standing near by, towards the current carrying wire, when there is current.
This is incorrect. In the frame where the test charge is at rest, if the wire is uncharged then there is no force, regardless of the current.

Also, your reasoning doesn't make sense: a current is moving charges, forces transform, therefore there is a force on a stationary test charge. If you could step through your reasoning in a little more detail then I could probably point out where it falls apart, but as it is all I can say is that the premises don't imply the conclusion.

Quote Quote by universal_101 View Post
Remembering, that my original post/question is exactly same situation, to which the answer was the transformation of one force into another, to explain the magnetic force.
Sure, relativity can be used to transform a magnetic force in one frame to an electrostatic force in another frame (the rest frame of the particle). It cannot be used to transform no force into some force.