View Single Post
JDoolin
Feb27-12, 01:45 PM
PF Gold
P: 706
Quote Quote by ghwellsjr View Post
In post #30 you asked about what an observer in different reference frames would see when watching a football game. Since I wasn't sure what exactly you were asking, I gave three different answers in post #32. Then in post #34 you quoted from the first of those three answers and asked for clarification which I gave in post #36. Now you're asking about the other two of those answers and again, I don't know which one you mean.
Okay, I'm sorry about that. I didn't realize you were answering three different questions. I was also not thinking about the fact that muons are actually only created in the upper atmosphere, and only last for a very short time.

Quote Quote by ghwellsjr View Post
Now if you meant watching a football game from the rest frame of a muon, then you will have to start eons ago and far away and continue to eons in the future and all you will see is a pinpoint of blue-shifted light that then eventually gets large and then you have to look backwards and watch the rest of the game as a pinpoint of red-shifted light.
This is a pretty good answer to the question I meant to ask. Although technically if you watch the football game from that frame you won't start eons ago. If you went past the game at half-time, you'd watch the first half of the game in fast-forward, (blue-shifted), and the last half the game in slow-motion for eons.