View Single Post
ThomasT
Mar5-12, 10:12 PM
P: 1,414
Quote Quote by lugita15 View Post
... in the Bell test setup I described above, the basic datum is whether the experimenter sees a photon go through the polarizer or not.
That's the basic datum for rate of individual detection. Wrt rate of coincidental detection, the basic datum is coincidental detection.

I think the word "correlation" is a much better term for what you call the "rate of coincidental detection".
Rate of coincidental detection has a specific technical meaning. It doesn't, by itself, refer to correlation. It refers to rate of coincidental detection.

It is just the correlation between individual polarization measurements of photons, and as such all its properties are determined by whatever determines the results of individual polarization measurements.
That's just incorrect. Rate of coincidental detection certainly does not refer to the correlation between individual polarization measurements of photons.

Bell test correlations refers to the correlation between the angular difference between the polarizers and the rate of coincidental detection.

And the nonlinear relationship between the correlation and the angle is also entirely determined by whatever determines whether a photon goes through a polarizer or not.
Also incorrect.

Here's what's known. The rate of individual detection doesn't vary with polarizer orientation. The rate of coincidental detection does vary with the angular difference between polarizer orientation. How can these two different experimental contexts be measuring the same underlying parameter?

... the argument is not based on the known data from practical experiments done so far ...
Well, no, your argument isn't. No offense, but from what you've written it doesn't seem that you're all that knowledgeable about Bell tests. Is that the case?

If so, just admit it and then DrC et al. can help you learn about them. They certainly helped me. I'm still more or less quite ignorant ... but a bit less so thanks to their help.