View Single Post
Mar7-12, 06:25 PM
jtbell's Avatar
P: 11,735
Quote Quote by Darth Frodo View Post
i'll have to wait till grad school...
Surely not that long!

In the US, an "introduction to modern physics" course is common in the second year of university, after the introductory calculus-based physics which is mostly classical physics. It typically covers special relativity, basic quantum mechanics (particle in a box) and various applications like the hydrogen atom, some nuclear physics, etc. That's followed by a full-blown QM course in the third/fourth years.