View Single Post
Meir Achuz
Meir Achuz is offline
May3-05, 07:28 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,937
The process is usually called "K capture" from an archaic designation of electron shells as K,L,M,... The K shell is the innermost one, and its electrons can be captured as the other posts said.