Register to reply

Questions about perpetual machines...

by linux kid
Tags: machines, perpetual
Share this thread:
linux kid
Jan17-07, 10:40 PM
P: 100
If there was a machine that claimed to have all the characteristics of such a machine and relied on gravity, can it be called a perpetual machine?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA team lays plans to observe new worlds
IHEP in China has ambitions for Higgs factory
Spinach could lead to alternative energy more powerful than Popeye
linux kid
Jan17-07, 10:42 PM
and by the way, whoever closed my thread, umm...if you weren't so trigger-happy you could have simply moved it to the appropriate section. :)
ranger
Jan17-07, 10:42 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,685
The post will be closed here also...

linux kid
Jan17-07, 10:44 PM
Questions about perpetual machines...

are you serious? do UFOs exist?

And I'm not even suggesting that there is such a thing as a perpetual machine. Please just read my question first. I understand now that the title is misleading. NOTICE THE IF.
Gokul43201
Jan17-07, 10:52 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Quote Quote by linux kid View Post
If there was a machine that claimed to have all the characteristics of such a machine and relied on gravity, can it be called a perpetual machine?
A machine that has all the characteristics of a PMM is a PMM. A machine that claims to have all these characteristics, claims to be a PMM. Whether it uses gravity or carrier pigeons is irrelevant.

When a thread is locked and a reason given, you do not open a new thread with the same content unless you wish to antagonize the staff. If you have a question about why your thread was locked, ask the mentor in a PM. If you can convince that Mentor that you have not violated any guidelines, the thread will be reopened. If it isn't, and you're not happy with the reasons given to you, post a complaint in the Feedback Section.
Ivan Seeking
Jan18-07, 02:50 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
FYI, even though the thread is closed, since there is no specific claim of an unexplained phenomenon, or evidence of perpetual motion, I have moved it to GD.

Register to reply