Register to reply

How to convert TV Recordings into Slow Motion MPEGS

by LightbulbSun
Tags: convert, motion, mpegs, recordings, slow
Share this thread:
LightbulbSun
Mar9-07, 03:31 PM
P: 362
I have this baseball game on my DVR, and there's a segment of it that I wish to convert to my computer into a slow motion MPEG and I was wondering what the process is for going about this?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
MeJennifer
Mar9-07, 03:46 PM
P: 2,043
Quote Quote by LightbulbSun View Post
I have this baseball game on my DVR, and there's a segment of it that I wish to convert to my computer into a slow motion MPEG and I was wondering what the process is for going about this?
Basically you save the .dv file on the computer, then use a video processing application to select the sections you want in slow motion and save those as mpeg.
Any good video processing app will do this. A good balance between ease of use and set of features would be for instance Pinnacle Studio.
LightbulbSun
Mar9-07, 04:07 PM
Quote Quote by MeJennifer View Post
Basically you save the .dv file on the computer, then use a video processing application to select the sections you want in slow motion and save those as mpeg.
Any good video processing app will do this. A good balance between ease of use and set of features would be for instance Pinnacle Studio.
But how do I get the .dv file onto the computer?

MeJennifer
Mar9-07, 04:13 PM
How to convert TV Recordings into Slow Motion MPEGS

But how do I get the .dv file onto the computer?
If it is a DVR it presumably has a firewire interface that you can use. You need a firewire interface on your PC or laptop.

You obviously can use another type of connection (S-Video or Composite) with a video capture card but you will suffer a big loss of information compared to digital video.
LightbulbSun
Mar10-07, 12:29 AM
If it is a DVR it presumably has a firewire interface that you can use. You need a firewire interface on your PC or laptop.

You obviously can use another type of connection (S-Video or Composite) with a video capture card but you will suffer a big loss of information compared to digital video.

How do I get a firewire interface?
MeJennifer
Mar10-07, 12:36 AM
Most laptops and various PCs already have them buit-in. But you can always buy a firewire card, they are inexpensive.

But make sure your DVR has a firewire interface first! What's you make and model?

This is what a firewire interface and cable looks like.
LightbulbSun
Mar10-07, 12:41 AM
Most laptops and various PCs already have them buit-in. But you can always buy a firewire card, they are inexpensive.

But make sure your DVR has a firewire interface first! What's you make and model?

This is what a firewire interface and cable looks like.

I can't look at it now, but it's a Time Warner Cable product. After looking at those pictures I'm pretty confident it's already built-in, but I'll have to check tomorrow.

The only issue will be getting it connected to my computer since my computer is a decent enough distance away from the TV.
BoredNL
Mar10-07, 12:43 AM
P: 196
You either have one, or you don't.

The jack will look like one of the following images:

Register to reply