How to convert TV Recordings into Slow Motion MPEGS

by LightbulbSun
Tags: convert, motion, mpegs, recordings, slow
LightbulbSun
Mar9-07, 03:31 PM
P: 362
I have this baseball game on my DVR, and there's a segment of it that I wish to convert to my computer into a slow motion MPEG and I was wondering what the process is for going about this?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Internet co-creator Cerf debunks 'myth' that US runs it
Astronomical forensics uncover planetary disks in Hubble archive
Solar-powered two-seat Sunseeker airplane has progress report
MeJennifer
Mar9-07, 03:46 PM
P: 2,043
Quote Quote by LightbulbSun View Post
I have this baseball game on my DVR, and there's a segment of it that I wish to convert to my computer into a slow motion MPEG and I was wondering what the process is for going about this?
Basically you save the .dv file on the computer, then use a video processing application to select the sections you want in slow motion and save those as mpeg.
Any good video processing app will do this. A good balance between ease of use and set of features would be for instance Pinnacle Studio.
LightbulbSun
Mar9-07, 04:07 PM
Quote Quote by MeJennifer View Post
Basically you save the .dv file on the computer, then use a video processing application to select the sections you want in slow motion and save those as mpeg.
Any good video processing app will do this. A good balance between ease of use and set of features would be for instance Pinnacle Studio.
But how do I get the .dv file onto the computer?

MeJennifer
Mar9-07, 04:13 PM

How to convert TV Recordings into Slow Motion MPEGS

But how do I get the .dv file onto the computer?
If it is a DVR it presumably has a firewire interface that you can use. You need a firewire interface on your PC or laptop.

You obviously can use another type of connection (S-Video or Composite) with a video capture card but you will suffer a big loss of information compared to digital video.
LightbulbSun
Mar10-07, 12:29 AM
If it is a DVR it presumably has a firewire interface that you can use. You need a firewire interface on your PC or laptop.

You obviously can use another type of connection (S-Video or Composite) with a video capture card but you will suffer a big loss of information compared to digital video.

How do I get a firewire interface?
MeJennifer
Mar10-07, 12:36 AM
Most laptops and various PCs already have them buit-in. But you can always buy a firewire card, they are inexpensive.

But make sure your DVR has a firewire interface first! What's you make and model?

This is what a firewire interface and cable looks like.
LightbulbSun
Mar10-07, 12:41 AM
Most laptops and various PCs already have them buit-in. But you can always buy a firewire card, they are inexpensive.

But make sure your DVR has a firewire interface first! What's you make and model?

This is what a firewire interface and cable looks like.

I can't look at it now, but it's a Time Warner Cable product. After looking at those pictures I'm pretty confident it's already built-in, but I'll have to check tomorrow.

The only issue will be getting it connected to my computer since my computer is a decent enough distance away from the TV.
BoredNL
Mar10-07, 12:43 AM
P: 196
You either have one, or you don't.

The jack will look like one of the following images:

Register to reply