Register to reply

Electrons in intergalactic space.

by ranyart
Tags: electrons, intergalactic, space
Share this thread:
ranyart
Apr18-03, 09:31 PM
P: 368
In the evolution of Atomic structure, what came first Electrons or Protons?

In the early Universe the appearence of Quarks>>Protons>>Electrons, have to have a precise evolutionary existence. I know Quarks form Protons, and Protons can exist without Electrons, then the appearence of Electrons fused around Protons creates Hydrogen, probably the Original Atom, and in evolution terms, every other Atom evolved from This.

Now for Electrons around the stable Hydrogen Atom, they 'absorb', actually thats the wrong term I think?..Electrons are moved to a higher orbit on reciept of a Photon, like a 'fulcrum lever' that is lifting the Electron, then as the Electron reaches its maximum momentum,it drops like a stone, ejecting the photon back out of the Atom.

In inter-galactic space, there are no 'structured' atoms?..there are nuclie..protons and seperate electrons, so what are the interactions between Photons and Electrons in deep space?

At any given moment,in the Universe as a whole, are there more Photons outside of Atoms than there are 'inside'of Atoms?

I do not know if these are valid questions, I am interested in the consequences of 'free-electron' interactions with photons away from and external to 'Atoms'.
Phys.Org News Partner Astronomy news on Phys.org
Young binary star system may form planets with weird and wild orbits
Evidence of a local hot bubble carved by a supernova
Astronomers measure weight of galaxies, expansion of universe
Loren Booda
Apr19-03, 09:58 PM
P: 3,408
Protons are composite particles, whereas electrons are fundamental, suggesting that electrons appeared before electrons.
axeeonn
Apr19-03, 10:15 PM
P: n/a
Originally posted by Loren Booda
suggesting that electrons appeared before electrons.
You mean before protons? =]

CJames
Apr19-03, 10:28 PM
P: 355
Electrons in intergalactic space.

I'm fairly sure that most (non-virtual) particles you would come across in intergalactic space would be hydrogen atoms in exceedingly rare quantity. There is little energy out there, and therefore not much to keep electrons and protons from forming atoms. It's in stars that you'll find nucleui separate from electron shells, where the particles aren't "calm" enough.

I'm not entirly sure though.

Register to reply