Good PDE Books: Get Help & Exercises from Fellows

• Thread starter Looker
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Pde
In summary, a PDE (partial differential equation) book is a comprehensive textbook or reference guide that covers the theory and applications of PDEs in fields such as physics, engineering, and mathematics. It can help readers understand the fundamentals of PDEs, their properties, and how to solve them using various techniques. The "fellows" mentioned in the title are likely experts or professionals in the field who have contributed to the book. While a strong foundation in calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra is recommended, a PDE book can be used for self-study with the guidance of a teacher or through seeking help and resources online.
Looker
I need your help, fellows !

I need the title and author of a good book on PDE. And also a good book with exercises on PDE.

Can you help me, please ? :cry:

regards
Looker

Physics news on Phys.org
This ones:

Try this one

I used the rough draft of it.

Thank you !
I saw the sites and the books are very useful to me !

And a good book with exercises (and solutions...ops :biggrin: ) ?

regards,
Looker

I took a course from this book and enjoyed it very much. I still refer to that book from time to time.

1. What is a PDE book?

A PDE (partial differential equation) book is a textbook or reference guide that covers the theory and applications of PDEs. These equations are used to describe physical phenomena in fields such as physics, engineering, and mathematics.

2. How can a PDE book help me?

A PDE book can help you understand the fundamentals of PDEs, their properties, and how to solve them using various techniques. It can also provide real-world examples and exercises to help you apply the concepts you learn.

3. Who are the "fellows" mentioned in the title?

The "fellows" mentioned in the title are likely referring to experts or professionals in the field of PDEs who have contributed to the book. They may have provided guidance, exercises, or insights to make the book more comprehensive and helpful.

4. Are there any prerequisites for using a PDE book?

It depends on the specific book, but in general, a strong foundation in calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra is recommended before delving into PDEs. Some books may also assume knowledge of specific mathematical concepts or programming languages.

5. Can a PDE book be used for self-study?

Yes, a PDE book can be used for self-study, but it may be more challenging without the guidance of a teacher or instructor. It is important to actively work through the exercises and seek help or clarification when needed. Joining a study group or seeking online resources can also aid in self-study with a PDE book.