View Poll Results: In the game of StarCraft, which race does have the most advanced technology?
Terran. 5 21.74%
Zerg. 2 8.70%
Protoss. 16 69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

StarCraft poll

by jhooper3581
Tags: poll, starcraft
Share this thread:
jhooper3581
Apr19-10, 05:11 PM
P: 48
Hmm... which race?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
An interesting glimpse into how future state-of-the-art electronics might work
Tissue regeneration using anti-inflammatory nanomolecules
C2D2 fighting corrosion
MotoH
Apr19-10, 05:14 PM
P: 237
Hey look, the sun is out! Go outside and play.
leroyjenkens
Apr19-10, 07:46 PM
P: 538
The Protoss obviously have the most advanced technology. The Zerg have no technology at all and the Terran are just humans with slightly better technology than we have right now.

Kajahtava
Apr19-10, 07:53 PM
P: 92
StarCraft poll

Is this a contest?

Obviously Protoss.
Hurkyl
Apr19-10, 08:02 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 16,091
Quote Quote by leroyjenkens View Post
The Zerg have no technology
The zerg have the most advanced biotechnology in the galaxy.
Kajahtava
Apr19-10, 08:04 PM
They have no more advanced biotechnology than a toxic snake has advanced technology on toxins.
Hurkyl
Apr19-10, 08:12 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
I did not realize that there was a great snake collective consciousness that designed organic toxins, and invented toxic snakes to deliver them.
bp_psy
Apr19-10, 09:35 PM
P: 452
Quote Quote by Kajahtava View Post
Obviously Protoss.
Exactly.
JaWiB
Apr19-10, 11:11 PM
P: 289
Random.

No seriously, I always enjoyed playing terran. Siege tanks were awesome. On the other hand, protoss had dark templars, which potentially wreak havoc on your supply chain (and everything else...) if you're terran.

Edit: Heh, when I swa the thread all I read was "which race"...but obviously protoss have the most advanced technology
Hurkyl
Apr20-10, 12:10 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by JaWiB View Post
No seriously, I always enjoyed playing terran. Siege tanks were awesome. On the other hand, protoss had dark templars, which potentially wreak havoc on your supply chain (and everything else...) if you're terran.
That's fairly superficial, though -- there are lots of easy ways to make serious mistakes that are devastating if your opponent capitalizes on it.

Dark templar aren't special in that regard -- they just happen to strike at one of the more common mistakes (inadequate detection) and have a sort of 'coolness' factor. They gain a bit of undeserved notoriety because losing because you couldn't defend against dark templar doesn't offer any false hope; a pair of high templar clearing out your supply chain* is just as much of a loss, but if you don't really understand the economics, you will suffer the illusion that you are still in the game.

*: Assuming, of course, you aren't granted comparable compensation -- e.g. your let opponent psi storm your SCV's because you were focused on (successfully) wiping out his probes with a vulture blitz or have a lethal push walking over an opponent's base
Argentum Vulpes
Apr20-10, 01:22 AM
P: 83
The Protoss defiantly had the cool factor down to an art and Carriers could be a major pain to any defensive line. However I still have to go with Terrans for the reason of Battle Cruisers, Siege tanks (I'm about to drop the hammer and dispense some indiscriminate Justice!) and Ghosts with some nuke silos.
Klockan3
Apr20-10, 02:08 AM
P: 614
Quote Quote by MotoH View Post
But then the sun blocks my vision of the computer screen :(
Kajahtava
Apr20-10, 05:23 AM
Quote Quote by Hurkyl View Post
I did not realize that there was a great snake collective consciousness that designed organic toxins, and invented toxic snakes to deliver them.
Likewise I didn't know the Zerg had.

The canon is pretty clear on that the Zerg basically assimilate genetic code of other species, they don't research their own. Together with the Borg originally conceived as insects...
Hurkyl
Apr20-10, 06:46 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Kajahtava View Post
Likewise I didn't know the Zerg had.

The canon is pretty clear on that the Zerg basically assimilate genetic code of other species, they don't research their own.
Yes, the Zerg assimilate, but just to get new ideas and bases to work with; every species of Zerg was designed by the Overmind. e.g. the Zerg assimilated the Slothien, and from that the Overmind engineered the Hydralisk.

Some units -- e.g. the Defiler -- may have even been invented from scratch.

We see the fruits of the Overmind's labor in Brood War (the invention of the Lurker and Devourer aspects), and even in the original Starcraft (Infested Terrans, and the Queen of Blades).
Kajahtava
Apr20-10, 07:18 AM
Well, that's a reasonable point yes.

I wouldn't call it 'technology' though.
Norman.Galois
Apr20-10, 09:58 AM
P: 43
Quote Quote by MotoH View Post
Damn the sun! I tan the skin on my face from the computer and then the sun comes in and make it's all uneven. The computer makes a nice consistent tan on my face.
jhooper3581
Apr20-10, 03:24 PM
P: 48
This reminds me of something, since this is PF!

I believe that there is actually some type of aliens out there in the universe that is similar to Protoss. I bet they're much smarter than us humans. I bet they already figured out physics theories such as relativity and perhaps beyond these dumb theories. They already know that we are here, trust me (theories of existance of UFOs proves this). They just want to keep their identities private, and they want to give us the chance to use our own smarts to figure out how to travel around the universe, then we will have the chance to see them face to face someday.
magpies
Apr20-10, 03:35 PM
P: 229
Well.. the problem with the protoss is that the race became so advanced technologicaly that all of the aliens population became super stupid and thats why they couldn't beat the zerg. Kinda like how it's happening to us here on earth.

Register to reply