Nodal analysis with TI-84

by alexander.s
Tags: analysis, nodal, ti84
Share this thread:
alexander.s
Dec12-08, 09:46 AM
P: 1
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to solve nodal analysis problems that include rectangle and polar form using the TI-84. It just gives me an error when I put in "i" as in imaginary when trying to put up my matrix. I've read it's possible to do with the TI-89, but I'd really rather not spend the money if it's possible to do on my current calculator. For example the TI-89 has the "∠" sign which the TI-84 doesn't seem to have, except for the "5e^(90i)" etc which isn't really something I want to use in bigger problems.

Thanks in advance!
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Lawsuits challenge US drone, model aircraft rules
CU-Boulder leads international unmanned aircraft testing event at Pawnee Grassland
Gesture-controlled, autonomous vehicles may be valuable helpers in logistics and trans-shipment centers
The Electrician
Dec12-08, 12:40 PM
P: 769
I have a TI-86 and it does complex matrices, but these guys:

http://freemathhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25182

say that the TI-84 Plus can't do it, so probably the regular TI-84 can't either.
eetwonder
Jul18-10, 09:54 PM
P: 9
To solve a matrix with polar or rectangular elements in TI-84, is unlikely possible. I use TI-89 Titanium to solve this kind of problem. Or if you have access to matlab, you can use it to solve the problem.

poor mystic
Jul18-10, 10:21 PM
P: 120
Nodal analysis with TI-84

Scilab is also a very capable Matlab-like suite developed by a huge French Government team. It's FREE! and very well supported.

Register to reply