Nodal analysis with TI-84

by alexander.s
Tags: analysis, nodal, ti84
Share this thread:
alexander.s
Dec12-08, 09:46 AM
P: 1
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to solve nodal analysis problems that include rectangle and polar form using the TI-84. It just gives me an error when I put in "i" as in imaginary when trying to put up my matrix. I've read it's possible to do with the TI-89, but I'd really rather not spend the money if it's possible to do on my current calculator. For example the TI-89 has the "∠" sign which the TI-84 doesn't seem to have, except for the "5e^(90i)" etc which isn't really something I want to use in bigger problems.

Thanks in advance!
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
Researchers develop tool to predict the level of driver discomfort caused by LED lighting
New inexpensive and easy to implement computer software provides real-time and highly accurate data on traffic
The Electrician
Dec12-08, 12:40 PM
P: 757
I have a TI-86 and it does complex matrices, but these guys:

http://freemathhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25182

say that the TI-84 Plus can't do it, so probably the regular TI-84 can't either.
eetwonder
Jul18-10, 09:54 PM
P: 9
To solve a matrix with polar or rectangular elements in TI-84, is unlikely possible. I use TI-89 Titanium to solve this kind of problem. Or if you have access to matlab, you can use it to solve the problem.

poor mystic
Jul18-10, 10:21 PM
P: 120
Nodal analysis with TI-84

Scilab is also a very capable Matlab-like suite developed by a huge French Government team. It's FREE! and very well supported.

Register to reply