How can I plot concentration as a function of time on my TI-84 Plus calculator?

In summary, the person is looking for a way to plot concentration as a function of time using a table of values given. They found a website that explains how to do it, but it is a bit complicated.
ArjenB
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this. I have a chemistry homework problem, which is not necessarily that hard, but it wants me to put values into my TI-84 Plus. I will not explain the problem too deeply, but it's about reaction time, volume, and concentration (mol/L).

I am given a table of the volume of gas, at certain time intervals.

t (s) V (cm^3)
10 12
20 22
30 34
... ...And so on... It is a long table with 20 time intervals and 20 volume values.

From volume, I have to calculate the concentration.

Eventually, the concentration C can be calculated with:

C = (8 - (12 / V))/10

(I had to find this equation myself)

I can easily plot C as a function of V. But the book wants me to plot C as a function of time (t) into my graphing calculator.

I have already added all the t and V values into a table, using the STAT option. t in L1, and V into L2. I have entered C as a function of V, into the "Y=" menu, with C as Y1 and V as x. I could of course get C as a function of time, if I could write V as a function of time, and then substitute V for t. But there is no definitive function that describes the shape of the V/t curve.

Then I tried to insert L2 for X, for the Y1 function, but that didn't work either.

I know I can always manually look up all the values and make a function of time myself, but that would take forever. I can do this once, but problems like these come back in the future, I'd father find a quicker way.

Is there a way to plot Concentration as a function of time, using the table that is given?Thank you in advance.

Computer science news on Phys.org

What is the TI-84 Plus stats as function?

The TI-84 Plus stats as function is a feature on the TI-84 Plus graphing calculator that allows users to perform statistical calculations, such as finding mean, median, and standard deviation, on a set of data.

How do I access the TI-84 Plus stats as function?

To access the stats as function, press the "STAT" button on the calculator. From there, you can select the type of statistical calculation you want to perform.

Can I use the TI-84 Plus stats as function for data sets with a large number of values?

Yes, the TI-84 Plus stats as function can handle data sets with a large number of values, up to 999.

Can I use the TI-84 Plus stats as function to create graphs?

Yes, the stats as function includes a graphing feature that allows users to visualize their data. Simply select the "GRAPH" option from the stats menu.

Are there any limitations to the TI-84 Plus stats as function?

While the TI-84 Plus stats as function is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. For example, it can only handle numerical data and cannot handle missing or incomplete data.