Register to reply

Fax Machine cord?

by Mk
Tags: cord, machine
Share this thread:
Mk
Aug13-04, 03:34 AM
P: 2,056
I had a broken fax machine, and we finally found the book, after a month of looking. It said not to use a longer than 6 ft cord... Why? We replaced our 20 ft. with a 5 ft., now it works... hmmm
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
graphic7
Aug13-04, 10:33 AM
PF Gold
P: 560
Which "cord" are you referring to? If it's the RJ-11 (phonejack) one, the cord can only be so long, a maxiumum distance. I don't know the maxiumum distance of an RJ-11 cable, but I imagine it's rather low.
Crumbles
Aug13-04, 10:48 AM
P: 135
Quote Quote by graphic7
Which "cord" are you referring to? If it's the RJ-11 (phonejack) one, the cord can only be so long, a maxiumum distance. I don't know the maxiumum distance of an RJ-11 cable, but I imagine it's rather low.
From experience I don't think it is anything as small as 5ft. I used to have a cable going around the house (about 70ft long if not longer) so I could use the internet from my room and it did a pretty good job and it worked sending faxes through my fax modem too.

Although the internet connection speed you get is actually lower the longer the cable you use, it doesn't stop you completely from having a connection.

Register to reply