Register to reply

Random Email Question

by Shackleford
Tags: email, random
Share this thread:
Shackleford
Nov23-10, 09:24 PM
P: 1,537
I've sent a few emails to someone, and in their reply in my inbox, the email address would show up in the From column. But in their latest reply, their full name showed up. Why is that? I didn't add them as a contact either.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
NobodySpecial
Nov23-10, 09:46 PM
P: 474
The sender's mail server can put pretty much anything they want in the "from" field of the mail message, the "Return-Path" field contains the actual sender email
Shackleford
Nov23-10, 09:49 PM
P: 1,537
Quote Quote by NobodySpecial View Post
The sender's mail server can put pretty much anything they want in the "from" field of the mail message, the "Return-Path" field contains the actual sender email
We both have yahoo accounts. I was just wondering if there was any particular reason why it changed from the address to the full name.

Oh, I think I know. The last one looks like it wasn't sent from a phone. The others were.

NeoDevin
Nov24-10, 11:41 AM
P: 687
Random Email Question

Another possibility is that yahoo email client automatically adds them as a contact after sending/receiving so many emails from one address?

Register to reply